Grammostola pulchra female worth

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Listen bro, as I stated for the third time its for a trade and my items are going to be practically going down in price due to being more available. If I sell them by themselves with no trade, I'd be losing $400. I'm not getting mad either, I just wish you had some reasoning why you think they aren't worth $450 when 5" females are rarely ever seen available on forums/good price at expos. You got your female years back I'm guessing?
I can totally understand the drop in value spurring your interest. However we have difference in tarantula valuation, and likely the value of tarantulas in general on a monetary level.

I did get her years ago, and back then they were "rare" too. I've always felt it was just timing. I know a guy who keeps Ts. He ended up with about 20 or so of this species, all about 4" due to someone selling a collection. He then sold them for 100$ "list" at a show. Females only a bit higher.

Sounds like the Ts you have are like bitcoins! Better cash in! ;)

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Good points man. Knowing my luck I'll get the female and the borders for imports will be opening up from that area or something of that nature. I have the worst luck, can't lie. I appreciate your responses.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Listen bro, as I stated for the third time its for a trade and my items are going to be practically going down in price due to being more available. If I sell them by themselves with no trade, I'd be losing $400. I'm not getting mad either, I just wish you had some reasoning why you think they aren't worth $450 when 5" females are rarely ever seen available on forums/good price at expos. You got your female years back I'm guessing?
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you planning to trade that's apparently going to have a sudden price drop of 88%?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good points man. Knowing my luck I'll get the female and the borders for imports will be opening up from that area or something of that nature. I have the worst luck, can't lie. I appreciate your responses.
HAHAHH, that was pretty funny! I haven't seen this species sling prices drop at all. There's a few species that stay pretty stable due to demand or breeding challenges, this is one of them. If you get a sac, you'll have gold. I wish you the best of luck in breeding if you do, because we could sure use more of this species to be honest.

I always like seeing what questions/comments you are going to pop up with, it's mutal.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
G pulchra will not be open to import any time soon. $450 for an adult female is very fair. As was mentioned, the breeding process is difficult. Pairing is rather simple with this species, but getting a sac is difficult. This species is very finicky when it comes to proper conditions to produce. The value of this species is based on its beauty, mellow temperament, slow to moderate growth, life span, and rarity of availability. Sure you can find them cheaper if you are tenacious and patient (and fast). I spent 5 years securing, and rearing, my specimen, and can assure you i would not be letting them go for less than $450 each.
Be content in knowing you paid a fair price for an absolutely stunning specimen.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I wish I had that much to spend you could get a few slings way cheaper and hopefully gets a female.
Only a very good breeder could profit off that if there lucky. You could get many Ts for $450 your choice tho .

Unless your in some were very remote like Alaska , I don’t see them as being super rare. You could try to get them to lower price sounds like a ton.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
$450 for an adult female is very fair.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, US prices are forever a source of hilarity, you could pay less than 1/3 of that for an AF here and you'd still be getting ripped off.

The value of this species is based on its beauty, mellow temperament, slow to moderate growth, life span, and rarity of availability.
Na, it's solely because there is a ridiculous demand for anything bigger than slings because nobody has any patience.

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
You can get 6 slings for that price. One is bound to be female. And a male too. Then you’ll have a breeding pair you can track from their 2nd-3rd instar.

Plus you could get a 29 year old mature female that has maybe a year left.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
You can get 6 slings for that price. One is bound to be female. And a male too. Then you’ll have a breeding pair you can track from their 2nd-3rd instar.

Plus you could get a 29 year old mature female that has maybe a year left.
I second that not worth it. Can get a pack of slings vs a female of unknown age. I prefer slings to buying adults. With exception of a few Ts it’s working out better. Or a horde of cheaper species that behave similar like brachys , pulchripes. Or 6-10 slings depending on dealer and sling size.
Harder to raise species I might spend more for a juvie , but not often.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
G pulchra will not be open to import any time soon. $450 for an adult female is very fair. As was mentioned, the breeding process is difficult. Pairing is rather simple with this species, but getting a sac is difficult. This species is very finicky when it comes to proper conditions to produce. The value of this species is based on its beauty, mellow temperament, slow to moderate growth, life span, and rarity of availability. Sure you can find them cheaper if you are tenacious and patient (and fast). I spent 5 years securing, and rearing, my specimen, and can assure you i would not be letting them go for less than $450 each.
Be content in knowing you paid a fair price for an absolutely stunning specimen.
The pulchra God has spoken. I am aware of scoolman's skills and he is "highly" skilled and a great asset to this hobby.