Gooty Ornamental...$450???

hcsk8ter

Arachnopeon
Want my advice? $450 for a T is a rip-off. There are plenty of pretty T's, Pokeys included that are very cheap. Save your hard-earned cash, the price will come down.

Last edited:

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, unless you got a deep pocket book I would hunt around for another T. There's tons of them that are just as amazing as the T in question for a fraction of the price.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
price

I certainly admire the blue coloring of the metalica, and would like one, but I cant justify spending almost 200.00 for a spiderling. Most Ive spent on a single T spiderling was 70.00 for my smithi. Living expenses enter into it too, I can only spare a certain amount each month or so to buy Ts with.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Want my advice? $450 for a T is a rip-off. There are plenty of pretty T's, Pokeys included that are very cheap. Save your hard-earned cash, the price will come down.
The only ripoff is paying more than you feel something is worth. Poecilotheria have small clutches relative to many species and some species are hard to next to impossible to breed (fortunatley, P. metallica isn't one). It will be years, maybe 10 or more, before there's even a chance, though, that P. metallica will be as common in the hobby as something like P. regalis or ornata. If what you want is P. metallica, the $150-$200 price point (what they cost last time they were available) is more than reasonable compared to the rest of the market.

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
The only ripoff is paying more than you feel something is worth. Poecilotheria have small clutches relative to many species and some species are hard to next to impossible to breed (fortunatley, P. metallica isn't one). It will be years, maybe 10 or more, before there's even a chance, though, that P. metallica will be as common in the hobby as something like P. regalis or ornata. If what you want is P. metallica, the $150-$200 price point (what they cost last time they were available) is more than reasonable compared to the rest of the market.
Just thought this had a well deserved resurection as all of those who posted and are still here......should be seeing alot of cb's by the end of the year....= )

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Exactly. There aren't any other spiders that have even similar looks, plus factor rarity into the equation.

Now, $200 for a xenesthis sling is different.

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The prices on these seem a bit ridiculous, kinda like when the Sharpei dog came on the scene to the tune of 2500.00, and everyone just HAD to have one!!

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think a good sharpei is still 2500.00 or more! P.mets are worth every penny you are willing to pay.....

Cheers Wade!

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmm, no thanx. I dont see myself paying more than $100 for any T.....

You can get an adult female Singapore Blue (Cyriopagopus sp) for $125, and I think they look very similar to the P. Metallica.....

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can get an adult female Singapore Blue (Cyriopagopus sp) for $125, and I think they look very similar to the P. Metallica.....
Nope, not even close lol. I'm guessing you've never seen either in person.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah they both have blue, and are beautiful but thats about it. P metallica is much more or a vibrant bright blue, while c. sp "blue" have a deeper almost violet color often. Yeah if you want a nice looking spider thats not as expensive Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" is a nice choice, but I don't think it quite compares to P Metallica in terms of stunning beauty.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer

I don't think it quite compares to P Metallica in terms of stunning beauty.
You ain't kiddin, i stare at my metallica everyday, it's so da** pretty. People who had never owned one, will never experience its true beauty.:D

Silence1984

Arachnopeon
Slash the market =)

What if someone in the US dropped $800 on a male and female, mated them, then sold the slings at half price of what they are now...say $150 or something. That still seems like a ton of profit to me and would help the availabilty out a ton. I really have no clue what Im talking about but it seems like a good idea :?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What if someone in the US dropped $800 on a male and female, mated them, then sold the slings at half price of what they are now...say $150 or something. That still seems like a ton of profit to me and would help the availabilty out a ton. I really have no clue what Im talking about but it seems like a good idea :?
and u think them spiders so easy to breed, eh
look, if they multiply like flys wud dat be so much fun?

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you can try, but finding a male and female for sale will be almost impossible. Then you need to luck out in breeding them, not necessarily a sure thing.