Golden Eagle gets tired of rabbits

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is not something you see very day.

I'm not usually one for sensational youtube videos but this popped up on the home page. Honestly, I was shocked, even considering the fact that golden eagles can take down very large prey. Since the eagle seemed to have bad intentions, this really was no laughing matter. Luckily the kid seemed to be none the worse for wear.

[YOUTUBE]CE0Q904gtMI[/YOUTUBE]

mlflorea

Arachnopeon
now that is terrifying, that poor little kid. Thank god that eagle was not able to carry that baby away. I know i would have been freaking out if some eagle snatched up my baby.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being gullible. Ah Youtube...next time I'll do my homework.

But it's a scary fake!

Redneck101

Arachnosquire
fake or not, golden eagles do have the power to carry that much weight. atleast for a few yards.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Poor deer. Guess that eagle had a large family to feed. :)

Tarac

Arachnolord
Look for Harpy Eagle videos- absolutely giant raptors and very majestic. You could train it to take bigger and better things than McDonalds bags.

Chicken Farmer

Arachnosquire
I've actually wanted to get into falconry. It takes a lot of time to get the license, and i have to train with someone for 2 years, at least in my state. I wouldn't do an eagle though, they eat too much on days i have to supplement them.

Entomancer

Arachnobaron
I like birds in general, but unfortunately they require way, way more care than any of my ectothermic companions.

I could tell the video was a fake...although now it is impossible to know whether or not I would be able to tell, since I read Hobo's post.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
The makers went to some lengths to make it look real with amateurish camera work.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
You kind of have to respect the ruthlessness of the attack. That bird hangs on for dear life, somersault and all.

jam

Arachnopeon
Golden Eagle rips goat off cliff

Here you go...Goldens are fierce predators.

[video=youtube;VklTs-Tid_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VklTs-Tid_I[/video]

Redneck101

Arachnosquire
oh i know they are. ive seen them in person, and ive seen what the small hawks can do around here. so i know what they can do. lol.