Getting New T's Need Help

pepperhead85

Arachnopeon
Well i'm getting 3 new T's Aphonopelma seemanni, Brachypelma albopilosum, I already have there tank set up. But i Need help with this one P. murinus, its a sling about 1" and heres the question since he's small how many times should i feed him a week and how often should i mist because isnt' that about the only way he's going to be able to get water

Bpkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would feed once a week,but slings probably twice a week.Someone correct me if I'm wrong.Instead of misting,I would take a small paintbrush and "paint" the sides of the enclosure.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would suggest twice a week, but no less than once a week. It also depends on how quickly you want them to grow. The more you feed them, the faster they will grow.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
i feed my slings every 2-3 days if they are not hungry and show no interest in the food then 95% of the time a molt is coming IME. with my slings

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since I don't usually give my slings live prey (sometimes hard to find pinheads, so I tend to go with cricket legs, mealworm chunks, etc), I offer food every other day or so, and leave it in overnight...

This way, I don't worry about upcoming moults, and just keep feeding as much as they'll take. Of course, I like my babies to grow fast.

My adults get food once a week or so, approx 3-4 crickets each.

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I give my slings freshly hatched Tenebrio molitor larvae (lenght 3-4mm). T's easily kill and eat them. I feed spiders every 2-3 days.

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Obts will get fat & lazy , Fast too!. I would sujest you feed this one a litle less than most other slings of his size if you want to keep him active i made the mistake of over feeding mine an it took along time to get him to show his speed and agility again.

I would also advise you feed it something that can run fast to incourage it to chaise them I stick with orange banded crickets , they run VERY fast but the T still gets them. Great to watch it chaising them

Last edited:

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mimic58 said:
Obts will get fat & lazy , Fast too!. I would sujest you feed this one a litle less than most other slings of his size if you want to keep him active i made the mistake of over feeding mine an it took along time to get him to show his speed and agility again.

I would also advise you feed it something that can run fast to incourage it to chaise them I stick with orange banded crickets , they run VERY fast but the T still gets them. Great to watch it chaising them
I've never had this problem with my obt slings, they are all fat and fast. I feed them like crazy too.