getting a p.auratus sling

mike054

Arachnopeon
im planning on getting a p.auratus sling. i can’t any specific info on this one.. kindly help with this one before i purchase.. care information will be very helpful and appreciated..

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Large NW terrestrial from Cuba
Keep a quarter of terrarium moist by overflow the dish every Week or so.
21-28c
Fast growning
Feisty
Always use tongs when feeding/maintenance

mike054

Arachnopeon
th
Large NW terrestrial from Cuba
Keep a quarter of terrarium moist by overflow the dish every Week or so.
21-28c
Fast growning
Feisty
Always use tongs when feeding/maintenance
will do.. thank you very much..

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got mine at around .75-1", and they both burrowed and hid quite a bit until they hit around 3" or so. They are still pretty shy and skittish, especially compared to other Phormictopus species I keep. I gave them both water dishes (which they loved to fill with dirt), a couple inches of moist substrate to dig in, and cork bark to start off. Both burrowed beneath the cork and stayed hidden most of the time. Because of the quick growth rates, you may consider starting them in larger sling enclosures than you normally would slings that size; they tend to outgrow cages after a few molts.

While slings, I kept part of the substrate moist and the water dish full. Now that they are larger, I moisten down a corner of the sub once a month or so, letting it dry out in between and give them water dishes (which they love to fill with dirt and play with). My two ate well, but weren't as aggressive hunters as some of my other Phormictopus species until they put on a bit of size. The gold coloration started coming in around the 2.5-3" mark. My temps are in the 70s most of the year (low 70s in the winter, high 70s to 80 on occasion in the summer). They've done fine in those temps and have grown quickly.

mike054

Arachnopeon
I got mine at around .75-1", and they both burrowed and hid quite a bit until they hit around 3" or so. They are still pretty shy and skittish, especially compared to other Phormictopus species I keep. I gave them both water dishes (which they loved to fill with dirt), a couple inches of moist substrate to dig in, and cork bark to start off. Both burrowed beneath the cork and stayed hidden most of the time. Because of the quick growth rates, you may consider starting them in larger sling enclosures than you normally would slings that size; they tend to outgrow cages after a few molts.

While slings, I kept part of the substrate moist and the water dish full. Now that they are larger, I moisten down a corner of the sub once a month or so, letting it dry out in between and give them water dishes (which they love to fill with dirt and play with). My two ate well, but weren't as aggressive hunters as some of my other Phormictopus species until they put on a bit of size. The gold coloration started coming in around the 2.5-3" mark. My temps are in the 70s most of the year (low 70s in the winter, high 70s to 80 on occasion in the summer). They've done fine in those temps and have grown quickly.
very much appreciated.. thanks..

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I have two slings at the moment. They are very light sensitive and shy. I never see mine out during the day, but with my red flashlight, I can spot them coming out at night. Mine both web up a bunch of substrate and plug up the entrance to their hides when they're inside. I keep one corner of the enclosure moist, and they do come to the water bottle cap dish I leave there.

mike054

Arachnopeon
I have two slings at the moment. They are very light sensitive and shy. I never see mine out during the day, but with my red flashlight, I can spot them coming out at night. Mine both web up a bunch of substrate and plug up the entrance to their hides when they're inside. I keep one corner of the enclosure moist, and they do come to the water bottle cap dish I leave there.
thanks.. i'm getting excited LOL