Gestation period

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can anyone tel me what the aproximate gestation period is for Hadogenes Trogoldytes? I bought my female about 1 year ago. Over the last few weeks she has noticeably began to put on weight. She is now starting to look rather thick than flat! She is not fat due to over feeding so I am guessing she is gravid.
Also, does anyone know how old these species have to be before it becomes easy to sex them? I would really like a male. They seem to be almost impossible to get hold of here.

Mechanical-Mind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They're sexually dimorphic. males having noticeably longer caudal segments than females. By looking at pictures alone, it would be surprisingly easy to tell the two apart. If you post a picture i'm sure a number of us could help out.

goodluck,
-matt

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sexing mature Hadogenes is no problem! But, I was wondering if they are distinguishable at a very young age, say 2nd instar or so. I want a male but I don't have the space to raise all the offspring until they reach maturity and also, if I can spot a male, I would like to seperate it from the rest of the group to prevent any possibilities of it being cannibilised by one of its siblings!