General C. Cyaneopubescens question

Aklaff

Arachnopeon
So I just got a gbb a little over a week ago. This is my first T in several years, since I had a pink toe. I have him in a glass enclosure with locking screen lid with fake plants up on one side and a hide and almost 2 inches of substrate. He's about 1" and has spent all week atop the plant and started webbing a little. Now I can't find him at all. Maybe thinking he burrowed? Not sure but there's no way he could've gotten out. Not sure what to expect with this species

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Sorry for any glare. 8x8x10 tank
How large is the sling? That's a huge enclosure for any sling so it's probably huddled somewhere trying to take cover. I'd suggest getting a 16 oz deli container and use that instead.

Edit: Read through it fast, like I said in the other thread, I blame the coffee. And that's a large enclosure for a 1" sling, I'd move it into a smaller enclosure for sure.

Last edited:

Aklaff

Arachnopeon
How large is the sling? That's a huge enclosure for any sling so it's probably huddled somewhere trying to take cover. I'd suggest getting a 16 oz deli container and use that instead.
About an inch. Looked for about half an hour but didn't see it

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That enclosure isn't ideal for your species of T even if it was an adult. They do a lot of webbing and enjoy a bit of space, but they shouldn't be in an arboreal style enclosure.

As others suggested, a deli cup would be more appropriate for a sling that size. You'll likely have to tear down the entire enclosure to find it. Did you check the screen lid for any little holes? A 1" sling could fit through a hole the size of a pencil eraser or even a little smaller. And they can chew through screen.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
It does not look like much webbing. It might have escaped since it does not take long for them to start webbing. I would look for holes.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
8x8x10 tank
Far too large for a sling and not even suitable for an adult (everyone likes to slap this "semi-arboreal" tag on them for some bizarre reason, they're terrestrial). They don't burrow at all (at least not in my experience) so I'm guessing it's either hidden itself very well or it's escaped.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
why do you have a 1" sling in a massive container??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????