gbb

arachnokid6

Arachnopeon
i have a little question my gbb/green bottle blue isnt webbing at all i have fed it and such has good humidity and still doesn not web its environment is leafy not alot just some leaves here and there fake leaves not real how can i make it web its tank its a sub adult 2 to 3 inches now

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've never kept Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens but I can assume that the tarantula is completely fine and not webbing is not a sign of ill health. If it weren't eating for a long period of time or something, concern would be solicited, but behavioral differences are usually just a little quirk of the tarantula's. You also can't MAKE it web, or anything for that matter.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How long have you had it? It takes all Ts awhile to get adjusted to a new home so it's not unusual it won't web for awhile. Also...what humidity do you have? SInce yours is a juvie and getting a little bigger the humidity doesn't have to be real high. I'd say 65-75 humidity is fine. GBB adults I think prefer to be on the dry side. When I had mine he took several weeks to start webbing his enclosure. As long as yours is eating good I wouldn't worry too much.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have a little question my gbb/green bottle blue isnt webbing at all i have fed it and such has good humidity and still doesn not web its environment is leafy not alot just some leaves here and there fake leaves not real how can i make it web its tank its a sub adult 2 to 3 inches now
Just so you know,the "good humidity" bit goes against what they like. I keep our slings bone dry,with a few drops of water every couple weeks.Juvies/adults will need dry substrate with a water dish,which more that likely will get webbed over.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
do you have sticks/branches or fake plants in the enclosure... gbb and obt both web heavily, and do better with "anchor points" for their webs... they live in shrubbery/brush in the wild usually at the base of brush they've webbed... can you post pics of your enclosure?

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've never kept Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens but I can assume that the tarantula is completely fine and not webbing is not a sign of ill health. If it weren't eating for a long period of time or something, concern would be solicited, but behavioral differences are usually just a little quirk of the tarantula's. You also can't MAKE it web, or anything for that matter.
Not entirely correct. The explanations given by other members are one of the causes - it probably hasn't settled in yet because it just moved in recently or the setup isn't suitable. If a species is known to web a lot, it will web a lot even if there are individual behavioral differences. From my experience, if a T known to web a lot doesn't web at all, it is either very old or sick.

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
my obt didnt burrow for a couple of months.....he wasnt sick and certainly isnt old. i changed him to a different substrate and put him in a high traffic location. he burrowed that day lol

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
do you have sticks/branches or fake plants in the enclosure... gbb and obt both web heavily, and do better with "anchor points" for their webs...
+1 to this. I have several fake plants in both my gbb and obt enclosures and they web like crazy

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
... my gbb/green bottle blue isnt webbing at all ...
This is going to be a tough one to solve. You're asking us to delve into the mind of a creature that is so alien to us that some insist it has no "mind" at all, living solely by instinct.

... i have fed it and such has good humidity ...
What would you think would be a "good humidity?"

How are you measuring the humidity so you even have an idea of what it is?

What would you be doing to acquire or maintain this "good humidity?"

... its environment is leafy not alot just some leaves here and there fake leaves not real ...
Why leaves? What are you trying to accomplish here?

Tell us more about it's cage, substrate, temperature, etc.

Can you supply a photo of the tarantula in its cage?

How often do you feed it? Feed it how much and what?

What sex is it? If you think it's a male, could it be mature? (Do you know how to determine sex and maturity in tarantulas?)

... how can i make it web its tank ...
Given that it's very difficult to MAKE any tarantula do anything (it's a lot like trying to herd a cat!), my guess is that there's something about it's caging and your care that is either making it so uncomfortable that it isn't interested in setting up housekeeping in that cage at all; is so comfortable that it instinctively doesn't waste the energy and silk to produce a web; or is an immature male that is "feeling his oats" well in advance and simply not interested in settling down in anticipation of his ultimate molt.

Basically, we need more info about its care and one or two good photos of your setup.

Have you seen this Youtube video?

Enjoy your little 8-legged enigma!

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my obt didnt burrow for a couple of months.....he wasnt sick and certainly isnt old. i changed him to a different substrate and put him in a high traffic location. he burrowed that day lol
My original post did suggest that if the substrate wasn't suitable it wouldn't web, because it could just never settle in. But if everything is fine and it doesn't web, either it is old or sick.

jungalist86

Arachnopeon
Just so you know,the "good humidity" bit goes against what they like. I keep our slings bone dry,with a few drops of water every couple weeks.Juvies/adults will need dry substrate with a water dish,which more that likely will get webbed over.

i agree keep it dry with full water bowl

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep it dry. The only remotely humid area in a GBB cage should be around a water bowl. Nothing more.