GBB Sling Questions

Clareesi

Arachnopeon
So this is a total noob paranoia question so here we go.

I've got a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling that I've had for about 2 weeks and its significantly smaller than I anticipated. I bought it as a 1.5 inch+ sling but I think it's actually more along the lines of a .25 to .50 incher. It's very small. Pinky finger nail size small.
ANYWAY, it's fine but I'm worried about it eating. I've read some things about killing its food first and I did that but I never see it eat. Or move really which I am pretty used to with my larger slings. My M. Balfouri is a super cool pet hole, no compalints, webs rock.

So any advice is appreciated or fear calming lol.

Thanks!

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Pics can help, but it sounds like you are doing what you should. The sling has access to water yes?

cold blood

Staff member
Looks plump enough to not be worrisome.

Be patient, it may surprise you with a molt sooner than you may anticipate.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If you paid for a 1.5"+ sling and received one as tiny as you say, I would be contacting the seller. Prices of slings go up as they get larger.

Two weeks isn't a long time to fast for a plump sling... and yours is plump. Some Ts alsi take weeks or even months to settle in to their enclosures. Has it started webbing at all?

Clareesi

Arachnopeon
If you paid for a 1.5"+ sling and received one as tiny as you say, I would be contacting the seller. Prices of slings go up as they get larger.

Two weeks isn't a long time to fast for a plump sling... and yours is plump. Some Ts alsi take weeks or even months to settle in to their enclosures. Has it started webbing at all?

Yep it's definitely webbing. I assumed everything was fine and I was just being paranoid due to not having a sling this small before and Admittedly wasnt prepared to have one. The enclosure I have is probably still a little on the big side but it worked in a pinch. I've gone back and forth with on if I should contact the seller. I didnt pay an outrageous price for the sling but it was definitely more in range with a larger sling.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Did you contact the seller by any chance? I'd be quite upset if I received a sling that was that much smaller. Also, I usually feed a mealworm with it's head cut off, that way they eat their fill and scrap the rest and it's easier for me to see how much of it they have eaten.

Zevil

Arachnosquire
GBB are voracious and ambitious hunters. Mine used to take down an adult male dubia the same size as her.