GBB enclosure feedback for beginner?

SOFTnTHICC

Arachnopeon
I'm completely new to the hobby and will receive a 7cm / 2.5 inch female C. cyaneopubescens in a few weeks! The terrarium is a cube of 25*25*25 cm / 10*10*10 inch, so 15 liters or 4 gallons. The substrate is all coco fiber and I've added a bit of sphagnum moss over it. The perspective of the second photo is a bit weird but near the back of the enclosure the depth of substrate is about 13cm / 5 inch.

Do you think the terrarium is appropriate? It only allows for a little bit of substrate in the front of the enclosure so I'm not sure. I'm considering adding more anchor points but my biggest concern is the depth of substrate.

I'd appreciate constructive criticism as I want to care for her as best as possible!

Attachments

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
for me, i would remove the cork bark hide because they won’t use it as other terrestrials like an LP would. depth of substrate is good - i would remove some from the back though. have sturdy anchor points - maybe break the cork bark hide into pieces and stuff them in the substrate

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's a nice looking setup, but not appropriate for a GBB.

No need for moss. They live in an extremely xeric climate.

You are much better off with a setup that is retangular, fill with some sub, and provide anchor points, they will use them w/out question. I've never had an issue with GBBs in such a setup.

I disagree with @ccTroi because in the wild they have been observed forming a burrow at the base of large plants among the interface between soil and roots I gather from the video I have seen.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Deep substrate is wasted on GBB as they don't seem to dig other than maybe a little bit of shoving around in their main den site. At the same time, it is good to give them height as they love to web on top of things. That means if there are objects close to the lid/top, they will climb up there and web to the top. So if you don't want them to web to the top, I'd take away a lot of the substrate to lower the objects.

For me this species was the most manageable with not much sub, a cork bark propped in corner, lumps of cork bark/pieces spread around on the substrate. Some had(and seemed to love) a kind of umbrella shaped fake succulent. A lot of height between the top of the objects and the lid. Since this is a skittish species as is, this type of set up was nice to keep their lid webbing to a minimum so they usually didn't or minimally reacted to lid openings. Those in shallower containers or with heavy decorations up to/close to the lid were the worst for "panicking" sometimes with kicking hairs.