G. Rosea scientific papers

Fuzzhead

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have read a lot of conflicting information regarding what constitutes a Grammostola Rosea... Does anyone have any links to scientific papers I could read on the subject? I’d also just like a good resource for all T scientific papers.

Thank you soo much!

Jess

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I can't help you with the specific species. Unfortunately, in this hobby it is something you just kind of have to deal with. So few people get paid to classify tarantulas so there aren't a ton of research articles to go on. Alot of what you think you have gets reclassified down the road. Or you find out what you that was G Pulchra is probably Quirogai or your smithi is really Hamori. I don't remember when rosea and porteri got seperated.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
World Spider Catalog has many articles, just have to make an account and not repost links.

Also Google Scholar can lead you to many different papers although I haven’t searched for G. rosea. through there so I don’t know what, if any articles, might pop up through there.

As to the confusion, from what I have gathered (so take this with a grain of salt I might not have all the details right) G. porteri was sold as G. rosea for a while, with G. rosea RCF at the time being considered a color form. It was later determined that G. rosea that were mostly being sold were indeed porteri with RCF being the true rosea. G. sp north (and maybe concepcion?) sometimes get mixed up in there too if I recall correctly.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I could be mistaken but from what I gathered there is no real classified species known as g porteri. Hobbiest made up the name to differentiate it from G rosea due to anotomical differences.