G.Rosea/Porteri Pre-molt???

maddanie42

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,
So I have this 1.5inch rosea/porteri sling that i got about 8 months ago. Today I noticed that it's entire underside has almost blackened overnight. I would usually just assume that this was a normal sign of premolt. Also, my sling hasn't eaten in about 3 months and has continued to keep its huge abdomen despite this. So today when I went to clean its water dish they quickly came out their burrow and proceeded to rapidly slap at the disturbance like seven times in row and then after it stopped it made some kind of small twitchy movement I have never seen before. It almost reminded me of a dks type of movement. I highly doubt that. As it appears to be walking and moving just fine otherwise. But its never been that defensive or made those kinds of jerky movments. So I guess my question is, does the blackening of its underside and the extreme temperament change/strange movements correlate with premolt? Because normally my spiders dont get THAT dark and when their temperament changes its usually them getting more lethargic or secretive not borderlin agressive.. Any insights would be nice, thanks!

Im including a before, an after and a top view from a few weeks ago when its refused food again.

Attachments

Theneil

Arachnoprince
it could be premolt i hust had a bunch of X. immanis molt and they went from tan to 100% black (for a few days) before they finally molted. i have also had a couple spoods (usually larger ones) that have gotten cranky (for lack of a better word) when they are approaching a molt.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
That appears to be heavy premolt. I have observed similar behavior in a few of mine, especially when it's within a week of them molting.

maddanie42

Arachnopeon
it could be premolt i hust had a bunch of X. immanis molt and they went from tan to 100% black (for a few days) before they finally molted. i have also had a couple spoods (usually larger ones) that have gotten cranky (for lack of a better word) when they are approaching a molt.
Thanks for some peace of mind. Its just seemed really different from my normal experience with spoods in premolttt. And the last time this guy molted they buried themselves for like a month and a half beforrbefo so I didn't have a chance to see what they were like.