G. pulchripes, why would you do that?

Kiraral

Arachnopeon
I seem to find myself saying that to this one a lot. Woke up this morning to find it had molted. But it looks like it may have fallen into the tunnel as it flipped (or something)?

BA729027-EB18-46AD-90E6-E649A8A81905.jpeg

Tarantula fail.

I hope it is alright, the thought of a spider falling in such fragile condition worries me.

I don’t see any fluid leading or any visible damage to the spider. The only thing I see is it holding its leg weird, but it moved after the pic.

On the plus side, the picture doesn’t show the increased hair well, but the clear/white legs with the fresh reddish hairs are just beautiful.

Since typing all this the spider has repositioned and is grooming itself, with its little white fanges. Oh I wish I could get a video!

Updated with a second pic of the little one. It has changed position several times and seems no worse for the wear, so now I’m just chuckling at the little thing.

BB80FC9E-ADA1-4B72-AFB6-7E260C440EED.jpeg

Last edited:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I wouldn't be overly worried, there seems to be plenty of space for some post-molt yoga. Where it has fallen looks like its burrow, which it obviously made for itself, in a week to 10 days your T will look amazing with its "new clothes". Don't feed until you know for sure its fangs are black, not white or red, but BLACK.

Kiraral

Arachnopeon
Now that I’ve seen the little dude move im not really concerned. It’s laughable.
It was splitting it’s time between the surface and it’s burrow recently. Guess it couldn’t decide where it wanted to go for it

Def won’t be feeding the little one for a bit.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Now that I’ve seen the little dude move im not really concerned. It’s laughable.
It was splitting it’s time between the surface and it’s burrow recently. Guess it couldn’t decide where it wanted to go for it

Def won’t be feeding the little one for a bit.
I'm glad to hear that your T is doing well, usually I give my slings 7 days (after a molt) until I offer prey, for my adults I allow up to 2 weeks, then they take prey down with ferocity.

Kiraral

Arachnopeon
This one refused 7 days after its first molt in my care so lost molt I gave it 10, so this time will likely be 10 days as well.