G. Pulchripes back legs spasming, help

Dannyrsmith

Arachnopeon
I just adopted a G. Pulchripes and she seems healthy, but her back legs/abdomen periodically spasm (from the looks of it).
I tried googling it but no results that I could find.

Is she okay?

Dannyrsmith

Arachnopeon
I just adopted a G. Pulchripes and she seems healthy, but her back legs/abdomen periodically spasm (from the looks of it).
I tried googling it but no results that I could find.

Is she okay?
She is also *apparently* close to molt, is that makes a difference

Chris11

ArachnoBat
A photo of her would be very helpful. Also how large is she and does she "spasm" at random times?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Would you guys say that it's probably not (too) serious if it's not happening all the time everyday?
Yes, I'd say that it's probably not too serious. Never heard of anything like this before. The only remotely close thing is DKS but I highly doubt it.

Dannyrsmith

Arachnopeon
Yes, I'd say that it's probably not too serious. Never heard of anything like this before. The only remotely close thing is DKS but I highly doubt it.
I read about that and watched numerous videos and it's absolutely nothing like that.
She was in a very tiny container, she could barely turn around. That may have something to do with it? I'm lost for ideas, but hopefully it's not bad.

Chris11

ArachnoBat
Your vid just looked like she was readjusting her stance, as long as shes eating and her abdomen isnt shrinking i wouldnt worry at all.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Your vid just looked like she was readjusting her stance, as long as shes eating and her abdomen isnt shrinking i wouldnt worry at all.
I agree, didn't seem like anything was wrong in the video..

Chris11

ArachnoBat
I agree, didn't seem like anything was wrong in the video..
It didnt, i can understand the worry though... its just a shifty spider. Some sit motionless forever, some move ever so often, some just flat out walk around lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm going to be the one person who disagrees. That does look odd to me. I only base this on I have never seen mine do this. It looks odd to me because the abdomen is included too in the "spasm" movement w/the legs. It reminds me of watching a White's Tree Frog throwing up debris from its mouth, the coordinated movement of both body and limbs at the same time.

All you can do is watch and feed it.

Dannyrsmith

Arachnopeon
I'm going to be the one person who disagrees. That does look odd to me. I only base this on I have never seen mine do this. It looks odd to me because the abdomen is included too in the "spasm" movement w/the legs. It reminds me of watching a White's Tree Frog throwing up debris from its mouth, the coordinated movement of both body and limbs at the same time.

All you can do is watch and feed it.
If I got a better video it would really show it a lot better, but unfortunately she is elusive when being filmed. I'm glad I have some validation and im not losing my mind.

I'm going to do just that, watch it and take care of it the best I can.