G. pulchra's

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ronnie moulted a few weeks ago and is looking absolutely scrumptuous :worship: Still only little at just under 2 inches.

Reggie from the same eggsac moulted 3 weeks before Ronnie but you can see the difference in colour those few weeks makes

My A. purpurea looking cute and fuzzy after her recent moult. We dont see her very often so took advantage of her being out and about.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What was the lenght of time between molts for your G.pulchra's ?
Nice A. purpurea too.

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks jbrd :)

Moult records for the G. pulchra's are as follows

Reggie, 24/7/07, 24/9/07, 20/12/07
Ronnie, 20/7/07, 8/10/07, 23/1/08

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm I thought they grew slower than that. :?
Interesting though, thanks.

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Your little pulchra is quite 'flecky' , he is definatley pulchra and not a G formosa? They are sometimes sold labled as pulchras

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmm I thought they grew slower than that. :?
Interesting though, thanks.
I thought they were slow lol. Those are the exact dates of moulting for both.

Your little pulchra is quite 'flecky' , he is definatley pulchra and not a G formosa? They are sometimes sold labled as pulchras
Both are definitely G. pulchra. They came from Lee at The Spider Shop so I cant see him labling them wrong :)

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They're so cute, Elaine!
Reggie looks like he's trying to actually say something in the first pic. ! lolol {D

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ronnie moulted a few weeks ago and is looking absolutely scrumptuous

Reggie from the same eggsac moulted 3 weeks before Ronnie but you can see the difference in colour those few weeks makes
I'm thinking there is a high probability that Reggie might wind up being a Regina. My experience with my colony has been that males turn black quicker than females do.

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm thinking there is a high probability that Reggie might wind up being a Regina. My experience with my colony has been that males turn black quicker than females do.
Thanks Wyvern :) Reggie is black right after a moult but goes brown very quickly where Ronnie stays black for longer so hopefully you are right about Reggie :) xx

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gotta Love Em...

G.pulchra are beautiful spider and i have 3 in mine collection but plan to get a few more....cant get enough of them...

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes I agree, they are lovely. I have 2, a sub adult female, and a male who I have had from a small juv. He is mature now and on his holidays some where up country :? meeting lovely pulchra ladies.