G. Pulchra webbing

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
So i have heard that G. Pulchra doesn't web much.But (s)he has done this in a few days and im very impressed.Also (s)he loves climbing around the plastic plants and the background and i find this behavior very interesting for a supposed terrestrial.
(S)he is 1.5 inches so far,i guess this behavior will change the larger (s)he gets,but i find it very cute :) Thoughts?

1593180747947.png

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
So i have heard that G. Pulchra doesn't web much.But (s)he has done this in a few days and im very impressed.Also (s)he loves climbing around the plastic plants and the background and i find this behavior very interesting for a supposed terrestrial.
(S)he is 1.5 inches so far,i guess this behavior will change the larger (s)he gets,but i find it very cute :) Thoughts?

View attachment 350371
Generally speaking there shouldn't be enough space that allows a terrestrial Tarantula to be able to do a lot of climbing. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding what you mean.

vicareux

Generally speaking there shouldn't be enough space that allows a terrestrial Tarantula to be able to do a lot of climbing. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding what you mean.
What i meant was she prefers to climb the plastic plants in the image instead of chilling on the substrate. The focus on my thread is the webbing the spider has done,which i did expect of a pulchra to do based on what i've read online :)
cheers!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
What i meant was she prefers to climb the plastic plants in the image instead of chilling on the substrate. The focus on my thread is the webbing the spider has done,which i did expect of a pulchra to do based on what i've read online :)
cheers!
Sounds like the tarantula doesn't like the feeling of the substrate, hence the webbing and climbing the plants

vicareux

Sounds like the tarantula doesn't like the feeling of the substrate, hence the webbing and climbing the plants
Sorry for the late reply,i've waited for the spider to settle,but yeah you were right,i housed the spider in a bit smaller enclosure with very very packed sub and it doesn't hate the feel of it anymore.The substrate in the enclosure before was a little looser than what s/he prefers. Very picky tarantula it seems. Thanks for the help :)