G. pulchra sling molt

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
I was at the store buying 3 new slings I come home and Ronnie Radke my G. pulchra sling is on his back made a little mat but not moving I saw one leg move once and 1 pedipalp. I thought slings molted faster? So I was worried I put him up in steamy bathroom. I wasn’t home so I don’t know how long he’s been on his back. Is this normal for a sling? Or should I worry? His carapace hasn’t come off yet nothing has yet

Attachments

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
If his carapace hasn't popped yet, there isn't much to do. Mine trolled me by flipping over and then flipping back again, and not actually molting until days later. 99.9% of the time .... just gotta be patient.

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
If his carapace hasn't popped yet, there isn't much to do. Mine trolled me by flipping over and then flipping back again, and not actually molting until days later. 99.9% of the time .... just gotta be patient.
So I panicked. He didn’t do any leg twitches or anything I stayed by the whole time he just rolled back on his stomach, and I got cool pics!! Little turd tricked me!! I was reading up from other posts how to help a molt prepping myself just in case and for nothing😭 I really do love him! Let me see if I can attach some pics. His book lungs doubled in size crazy!! Thx for responding it’s good to hear they can trick us, I forget to be patient sometimes!!

Attachments

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
No length of time provided - who knows
I panicked. He was my first as a sling and I heard slings were fast. Well he didn’t even twitch or anything he just started sliding out!! But he just flipped back to his stomach!! Thank god he really is the cutest baby ever!! I posted some cool pics I got on the comment above yours!! And thanks for replying!! lol I’m kinda embarrassed I got so excited then worried so fast.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I panicked. He was my first as a sling and I heard slings were fast. Well he didn’t even twitch or anything he just started sliding out!! But he just flipped back to his stomach!! Thank god he really is the cutest baby ever!! I posted some cool pics I got on the comment above yours!! And thanks for replying!! lol I’m kinda embarrassed I got so excited then worried so fast.
Generally slings are fast- and as all Ts get larger it takes longer for them to harden, and eat.

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Generally slings are fast- and as all Ts get larger it takes longer for them to harden, and eat.
Should I just go off when his Chels turn black? Online Ive heard anywhere between 4 days to 2 weeks for a sling to eat again. My tiny i3 jumper ate the next day!!

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Well he didn’t even twitch or anything he just started sliding out!!
Thank god he really is the cutest baby ever!! I posted some cool pics
I got so excited then worried so fast.
Congratulations,
On G. Pulchra's Rebirth

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Should I just go off when his Chels turn black? Online Ive heard anywhere between 4 days to 2 weeks for a sling to eat again. My tiny i3 jumper ate the next day!!
When fangs are black or 2 weeks if you can’t tell fang color .

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Congratulations,
On G. Pulchra's Rebirth
Thank you!! I have been waiting. I literally jumped up and down like a kid…I’m 40. And now he’s not gummy looking he has some black fuzz😍 sorry bad photo

Black only!
K I knew black just wasn’t sure if babies needed a certain amount of time. Thankfully he likes to stand on his back legs and “lean” on the side showing off so I’ll be able to see when it’s time!!

Congrats! It is awesome to watch. What size is the sling now?
Fangs are black = ready to attack
He hasn’t fully stretched out for me yet but he was a titch smaller than a quarter before!!

When fangs are black or 2 weeks if you can’t tell fang color .
Ok perfect!! lol poor buddy worked hard he still hasn’t moved around any.

I just want to thank everyone one for all the advice!! I swore I wouldn’t panick over my spiders and then I did!! I really do appreciate all of your advice. I been reading old posts on here so much better then the internet and 100% better then the store!!!! You guys are tarantula royalty in my mind

Attachments