G.pulchra Q.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I could be wrong but from what Im reading, Room temperature and a water dish are good. No misting or whatever. The water dish keeps the humidity enough.

Im sure someone can give you much better info then me. I dont even own the species.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We've got one, and we keep him pretty dry, he has a waterdish, but like Salamanderhead said, no misting or anything, we haven't had a problem.

-Cass

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
For ALL slings under an inch, the substrate should be kept moderately damp. ;)

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
K he/she is pushing about 2", I offerd him/her a water dish and he walked around it for about 30 min biting the edges of it and kicking it around.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Bone dry, water dish, how I keep mine.

PIG-

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Both of my Grammostola Girls are kept dry with a waterdish. They are as happy as a pig in......crap.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bone dry, water dish, how I keep mine.

PIG-
Me too. I've noticed that mine doesn't seem to detest the occasional moistening of a corner. She'll bask in the humidity for a bit but doesn't seem to hurt if it's bone dry either. I base such judgements on whether of not they start hanging out on top of the water dish when the cage is completely dry... and mine doesn't do that.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From my personal reading of caresheets on different species, it seems to me most terrestrial species do fine in normal room temperatures and with just a water dish and no misting.
I wont say ALL now because Im sure thats not true.

bobsleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine is only a sling at the moment, so I'll lightly mist its house once a week.

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive only had mine about month, but i keep it fairly dry, but not mone dry. When i do add a mist of water i will just dampen one side so that if it doesnt like it it can move away from it.