G. pulchra partial moult

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure that the carapace didn't come off during moulting. Any experience or suggestions to remove it? Look at tge pic to see double moustache
20220703_183553.jpg

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I think you're probably right, but I wouldn't do anything unless it starts to have trouble eating or drinking. It may find a way to get it off itself before then, but it should come off next time it molts. If it is having issues doing normal stuff, then it may require some intervention, but I doubt it'll come to that.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Don't try to detach it manually. Raise the moisture a bit to increase humidity, if the carapace it's physically detached it will fell off easier.

Could you check if the carapace it's conected to the pedicel?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
For comparison (also directly after moulting):

DSCN5679.JPG

Edit: ...and do nothing!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve had this happen a few times

Do nothing- they don’t rely on vision for obtaining food.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't try to detach it manually. Raise the moisture a bit to increase humidity, if the carapace it's physically detached it will fell off easier.

I immediately raised the humidity, keeping it high.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I immediately raised the humidity, keeping it high.

Thanks for the replies, I will leave it alone and monitor any changes.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Eyes are milky so i think its somewhat detached, but may still be attached here 20220704_173836.jpg

Dorifto

He who moists xD
It looks connected, I wouldn't go further than adding a drop of warm water into the pedicel to make it easier to detach itself. Anything else could risk it's body integrity.