G. Concepcion

357wheelgunner

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are these common?!?

I saw a few at the bugshow, and they're gorgeous! I got one for $40, I thought it was a deal. This spider is very docile, and has been eating like crazy. I feed it 3 crickets every few days, it kills them all, then balls them up in webbing and chews on the cricket ball. This has also been the most active spider I've had, its been making web trails all over the 2.5 gallon enclosure and has been a blast to watch.

What do you think?

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I wouldn't say they are uncommon. There was a discussion a while ago about whether they might actually be RCF G rosea, but they are not. Pretty similar, though, which is why I'm a little surprized that it's so active.

Actually I have been wanting one myself. Pretty dang neat T. Yours is a particularly attractive specimen, it seems to me. Congrats.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
man shes gorgeous with them little black footies:D

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have an adult F. and she's so sweet natured that we Named her "Kitty-Kitty"...lmao! {D
She's also very active and cruises around quite a bit. Sometimes she's in her hide - but will come out to visit at the least disturbance in that T. room.
I hope yours is a girlie - but if it turns out male....send him our way! :D

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I wouldn't say they are uncommon. There was a discussion a while ago about whether they might actually be RCF G rosea, but they are not. Pretty similar, though, which is why I'm a little surprized that it's so active.

Actually I have been wanting one myself. Pretty dang neat T. Yours is a particularly attractive specimen, it seems to me. Congrats.
hmmm, I have a RCF G. rosea that looks just like that, could my rosey actually be this sp.?
yours is really neato, i just love the knee striping, makes them my favorite Grammostola

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmmm, I have a RCF G. rosea that looks just like that, could my rosey actually be this sp.?
yours is really neato, i just love the knee striping, makes them my favorite Grammostola
hi shagrath,

could you possibly post a pic? if you could get a good shot of one of the legs, that would be great too.

-dan-

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi shagrath,

could you possibly post a pic? if you could get a good shot of one of the legs, that would be great too.

-dan-
i'll post in another thread, i dont want to steal this ones thunder

357wheelgunner

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We have an adult F. and she's so sweet natured that we Named her "Kitty-Kitty"...lmao! {D
She's also very active and cruises around quite a bit. Sometimes she's in her hide - but will come out to visit at the least disturbance in that T. room.
I hope yours is a girlie - but if it turns out male....send him our way! :D

She's a female :)

Thanks for the responses everyone!

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Id

The pic you posted is a G. rosea "Red Rose Hair". See my site's pics for Grammostola sp. "Red Concepcion". They have a different structure on their legs that sets them apart from G. rosea and G. porteri.

Todd

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The pic you posted is a G. rosea "Red Rose Hair". See my site's pics for Grammostola sp. "Red Concepcion". They have a different structure on their legs that sets them apart from G. rosea and G. porteri.

Todd
I'm searching around your site and getting frustrated. Would you share a link to the page you are referring to?

357wheelgunner

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Todd
Interesting.

My G. Rosea is dull in color, more of a greyish brown. This one, sold as a Concepcion, hasn't even moulted into adulthood. Her previous owner watched her get brighter and brighter, and if her parents are to be judged by, she's still got more to go.

I'd appreciate more information....

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well i want one! she is a beauty no matter what she is! don't matter if it's just a brite red rosie. i have a regular rosie, i want the red version eventually, guess now i have to ad the g.comceptcion to my list(maby the g.porteri since it was listed as a "fake" rosehair).
i love rosies:}

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Once upon a time there were a bunch of Ts that looked virtually identical, everyone tried to ID it, everyone got stumped, and in the end what we have is a darn nice looking Grammostola. moral of the story, these Ts are pretty, and make nice pets{D