G. aureostriata just dropped egg sack I have ?'s

Arachnomaniac

Arachnopeon
My G. aureostriata just dropped a huge egg sack this morning! I am wondering if I should increase the humidity in her tank as I have always kept it quite dry (peat moss substrate). I have read that the eggs can dry out quickly. Also should I feed her right away? I'm not sure if either of these actions would disturb her too much.

ScorpionLuvr

Arachnopeon
idk about the humidety i heard babies dont like it 2 much it does something 2 them but id feed her u know the normal amount of crickets

ghost6303

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if you feed them very well right away theres a chance at getting a second sac. let her eat as much as she wants for a few days. g.auros hate humidity so as long as theres a large water dish i wouldnt do much, maybe mist a corner once in a while.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Stupid question, but did you mate her? Because otherwise it could a false eggsac and she will probably eat it in a few days.

Arachnomaniac

Arachnopeon
Yes, she was bred in late march. Introduced to the male on two occasions, I saw good insertions both times. Somehow I never really expected to get an egg sack! I have dampened the substrate on the opposite side of her enclosure from where she is. I'm not sure if I should feed her right away or not. Also, should I risk moving her tank to a more quiet location?

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would just mist the cage and no do not feed her just leave her alone

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would just dampen one corner and not feed her or disturb her, I cover my females with sacs with a towel for privacy.

angelarachnid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LEAVE HER AND THE TANK ALONE

all this distrurbance might make her eat the eggsac

If you see the she as dropped the sack in 2-3 weeks time offer her 1 cricket, and see if she eats it if she does offer her another. if by night fall she has not picked the sac up, remove the sac for artificial incubation, otherwise when she finds it she might just see it as another food item.

(yep another future article in a BTS journal.

Ray