1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny desert scorpion :)

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Jordan1998, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Jordan1998

Jordan1998 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I just wanted to share this funny pic of my Hottentotta tamulus gangeticus (indian red scorpion for the ones who dont know it’s latin name). It’s a desert species ofcourse and mine likes water it seems :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Falsielove13

Falsielove13 Arachnopeon

Definitely in pre molt but interesting behaviour! I dont provide water containers for any of my species but mist as neede .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnobaron Active Member

UK
    What you have is H. tamulus sindicus, not H.t. gangeticus. The scorpion does not like water, it is trying to gain extra height by standing in the water dish in order to escape, could you provide some photos of the complete enclosure as things don't look to good based on that one photo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jordan1998

Jordan1998 Arachnosquire

In my experience some of my scorps like to drink so i always have a container just in case haha.

Attached Files:

5. Jordan1998

Jordan1998 Arachnosquire

It’s just black colored sand i got from my pet shop. I have some bark in there to make it look more natural and I have a coaster as hide. That’s basically it next to the water cap. What’s wrong about it? :(

Btw, i got 2 of them. Theyre supposed to be a breeding couple. I bought them online at www.geleedpotigen.com. You sure theyre not hottentotta tamulus gangeticus?

Attached Files:

6. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnobaron Active Member

UK
    H.t.gangeticus is reddish orange, hence the common name Indian Red.

7. Jordan1998

Jordan1998 Arachnosquire

Theyre still juvenile though. Maybe the colouring still needs to come?