Funniest tarantula claims

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
That I neglect my T's by not interacting with them daily - "you'd not ignore your cats like that, would you?" - (co-worker shocked I don't handle) they were so shocked they asked if I could be reported for not looking after them properly.

Selling a T. blondi MM, couldn't provide pictures (broken camera) but "staring straight at the tibial hooks" as he typed. (was an exposed scammer)

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
"My pinktoe LOVES to cuddle! He really likes his butt scratched!" as the tarantula attempts to rub urticating hairs on the person's finger. I've seen this several times.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No collection is complete without the hobby staple the G.rosea!!!!! I laugh out loud at this all the time, the worst tarantula to keep as a pet in my opinion.
I can admit that they while are not the most active species (as far as tarantulas go anyways), they are beautiful in their own subtle way. My AF is a real doll, plus she does not fast unless in premolt. She's usually one of the first to catch her crickets. I'm happy to have this T and might be replaced once she passes if I can chance upon another with the same gentle temperament and feeding consistency.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I can admit that they while are not the most active species (as far as tarantulas go anyways), they are beautiful in their own subtle way. My AF is a real doll, plus she does not fast unless in premolt. She's usually one of the first to catch her crickets. I'm happy to have this T and might be replaced once she passes if I can chance upon another with the same gentle temperament and feeding consistency.
I agree. They're actually one of my favorite species. Mine is always out on display, always eats when food is offered, and is surprisingly one of my more active tarantulas. I absolutely love her. They're a great species. Long-lived, beautiful, (most of the time) a good temperament, and a good display animal.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I agree. They're actually one of my favorite species. Mine is always out on display, always eats when food is offered, and is surprisingly one of my more active tarantulas. I absolutely love her. They're a great species. Long-lived, beautiful, (most of the time) a good temperament, and a good display animal.
i 3rd this. Mine have lovely, calm temperaments and though I think they are pretty, they have the big brown hairy spider looks that freaks most arachnophobes. What’s not to love.
I’ve always preferred terrestrials though!

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I had someone a few years ago swearing up and down that Psalmopoeus were old worlds. I politely linked a few articles and they doubled down, claiming that "science hadn't figured it out yet" and citing a random YouTuber as her information source 🤣

Shinn

Arachnosquire
I had someone a few years ago swearing up and down that Psalmopoeus were old worlds. I politely linked a few articles and they doubled down, claiming that "science hadn't figured it out yet" and citing a random YouTuber as her information source 🤣
Classic social mediots. Trust an online celebrity over professionals. In subscription counts we trust.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
I love G.rosea too! I admit I didn’t when I first got in the hobby but I was impatient and thought terrestrials were boring. Now they are my favorite. Chilean species especially. Grammostola, Homoeomma, Euathlus…what’s not to love. Some of the most gorgeous Ts if you ask me 😊

Last edited:

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
Not a myth, but something I can't stand hearing from people who look upon ANY critter companion:
"Does he/she/it bite?"

Who hasn't heard this when someone refers to your docile dog, hamster, turtle, bird, fuzzy, etc. buddy?!
Name a critter that doesn't bite?! Heck, even I'll bite if I've been mistreated.
All animals 'bite'. If a person is worried about being bitten, the problem is them and their approach to the critter, not the critter itself.