Fun with L. quinquestriatus!

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Decided to get the L. quinquestriatus out today. I am always hesitant due to the absolutely insanity of these guys (this girl upholds their reputation very well!).

These guys never stand still for more than 4 or 5 seconds and they are so flighty- blindly striking at the air and anything that disturbs them.

This is actually a 5-shot macro panoramic that I pieced together. My only regret is that the telson is not in focus as much as I had hoped. There is indeed too much depth on too many directions to get the body, pincers, and tail all in focus. But I felt good about it nonetheless, considering I am still around and my nerves have since relaxed.

Leiurus quinquestriatus:

let me know what you think.

-Jordan

TheScorpionLord

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice man thats a healthy female alright I have a couple myself but man my nerves are rattled everytime I mess with

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They sure are fun to photograph. My gravid adult female usually doesn't give me much trouble. I have some sub adults that are near impossible to deal with though.

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah.....I'm afraid so, I think that's what he meant.
This is what I get for not being around for about 5 years...

That is absolutely NOT what I meant. I do NOT handle buthids, period. As I've grown older and wiser, I have cut my handling down to pretty much my slow fuzzy tarantulas and my Uroctonus mordax.
I simply meant getting her out of her tank to take pics of her on a very large black table with very long tongs and a plastic cup.

She isn't gravid, just fat. And I wish she was a little more lazy, but she is the nastiest scorpion I've ever owned by far. I often wonder why Satan didn't manifest as a deathstalker- I've yet to meet a snake with a disposition as bad as hers...

-jordan

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is what I get for not being around for about 5 years...

That is absolutely NOT what I meant. I do NOT handle buthids, period. As I've grown older and wiser, I have cut my handling down to pretty much my slow fuzzy tarantulas and my Uroctonus mordax.
I simply meant getting her out of her tank to take pics of her on a very large black table with very long tongs and a plastic cup.

She isn't gravid, just fat. And I wish she was a little more lazy, but she is the nastiest scorpion I've ever owned by far. I often wonder why Satan didn't manifest as a deathstalker- I've yet to meet a snake with a disposition as bad as hers...

-jordan
Oh,ok! I was in no way attacking you, I just was unsure if you handle it or not. I don't condone handling species like L.Qs. that's why I was asking. I'm sorry I misunderstood you.