Frozen feeder rodents

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all,
anyone buying frozen feeder rodents here? where do you buy them from? cost? happy with the vendor?
I will have to give up my breeder rats when it starts getting hot here as I had to move the rats into my shed due to our new Jack Russell terrier.

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Re: Graham's links

As far as I know those are all good rodent suppliers. Personally, I think Rodent Pro is the best in the business and they certainly have the most user-friendly site and ordering system. I have also used Cajun Mice with great results and although I have never purchased from Gourmet Rodent they also have an excellent reputation.

However, the latter two are in the southeast and Rodent Pro is in Indiana so you might end up with a better price/shipping savings if you found a company out west and I have no experience with any. Look at a current issue of Reptiles magazine and visit kingsnake.com to find more suppliers.

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited:

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with Michael... I've ordered from Rodent Pro in the past and been very pleased... He is also right in pointing out that it depends where you are...sometimes, being closer may make the shipping cheaper... Anyway you look at it, it's still just fractions of what you pay in petstores...

I haven't ordered mice for a long time... there may be many places I missed...

Good luck buddy!

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ditto what the others have said....Rodent Pro is my choice as well. I've used them for a couple years now and I am very pleased.

MysticKigh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Everyone I've ever spoken to says RodentPro is great.... I personally use Big Cheese , primarily because they bag their rodents in 50 counts which is far more convenient for me with my various sizes of snakes :)

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have ordered from Cajun many times in the past, but they just haven't lowered their prices over the last few years to compete, so I've switched to Big Cheese. I've gone in on a couple of group orders with Rodent Pro, and personally, their quality of rodents is disgusting compared to Big Cheese and Cajun. Every time I ordered from Rodent Pro I've gotten bags full of bloody rats, covered in bedding and feces. Big Cheese and Cajun both look like the rats just crawled into the packaging on their own and died peacefully. :) Since I order in large quantity, the vacuum sealing that Big Cheese and Cajun does is a must as well. Rodent Pro orders I've gotten were in unsealed ziplocks. I don't know if they've changed or improved in the last year or so since I've ordered from them, but I'll stick with Big Cheese - they've been very good for me, and kept their rates competitive and have always been very fair with shipping fees.

Rav

Wolfchan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Really? Eeew, I've never had that problem with Rodent Pro...I may have to try one of the others to compare the rodents, but I've always been happy with what I've gotten.