Frog ID (possibly non-native?)

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi, we found this frog and I am looking for an ID for it. So we clipped some flowers and brought them inside to put in a vase. Right as my mom was nagging my dad to make sure nothing was living in it, this little frog hopped out of the flowers (mom was not happy:rolleyes:). Man could this thing hop! I took him outside to take some pictures of it and let it go. So here are the pictures anyone know what it is? I think it might not be native because I have NEVER seen one of these, and I did here something about my neighbors releasing frogs into their backyard for their garden and little pond thing.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking like Pseudacris crucifer

i think they named it crucifer because it makes you thnk of lucifer when they wont shut up when you're trying to sleep.
We had 1 (only 1) in our basement peeping and peeping and peeeeeping annoying but awesome looking. lol

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yep spring peeper...when we was in our younger dumber years, we took a cool whip tub, and caught easily over a 100 of them at a pond, and stuck them all in there, and then put them in a neihbors mailbox....never heard anything about it though...

SandDeku

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep spring peeper...when we was in our younger dumber years, we took a cool whip tub, and caught easily over a 100 of them at a pond, and stuck them all in there, and then put them in a neihbors mailbox....never heard anything about it though...
Yep. it does look like a peepin' peeper. A nice one too.

8Pat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looking like Pseudacris crucifer

i think they named it crucifer because it makes you thnk of lucifer when they wont shut up when you're trying to sleep.
We had 1 (only 1) in our basement peeping and peeping and peeeeeping annoying but awesome looking. lol
Don't know if it was a joke or not... but the species name crucifer is a reference to the cross pattern on its back.:)

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sppppppping peepa! :D i used to find them everywhere when i lived up in long island.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks guys! I let him go in my garden and then later that night I saw him up my house. :D

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sometimes they hang out around the lights to eat bugs. I usually find a few doing it every year. Also end up bringing them in with potted plants in the fall.