Found this little one while working in the garage and tested my identifying skills.

SCSImatrix

Arachnopeon

This one was tearin arse across the garage floor. Looked kinda neat and don't and don't see many like that. Assumed it was a ant mimicer. After searvching I came up with Castianeira longipalpa. Can anyone tell me whether or not if I'm correct? It'd be nice to know I can put my indentifying skills right up there with my numbchuck skills and my bowstaff skills.:}

Last edited:

proper_tea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It'd be nice to know I can put my indentifying skills right up there with my numbchuck skills and my bowstaff skills.:}
Don't know if you're right... but even for these boards... that was exceptionally nerdy!!!

;)

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd say that C. longipalpa looks like a good ID for this one.

Nice photo, since these little guys rarely hold still long enough for a decent picture!

SCSImatrix

Arachnopeon
{D Cool. I've never seen one like this before and I'm havin fun learning how to use BugGuide.

Thanks! Yeah. I can't believe how fast they are. Took a few minutes to catch him cuz he kept booking away. Actually calmed down when I let it be for a bit then came back.

Last edited:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It'd be nice to know I can put my indentifying skills right up there with my numbchuck skills and my bowstaff skills.:}
They're called nunchucks or nunchaku. ;)

Interesting looking spider although I don't have any ID help for ya.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lol. I know. I was referencing Napolean Dynamite. "Girls like guys with skills, like numbchuck skills, bowstaff skills..." {D
[/facepalm] of course! I was too preoccupied with the high tensile fiberweave plastic tubs they were selling. Think they'd make good enclosures?

SCSImatrix

Arachnopeon
[/facepalm] of course! I was too preoccupied with the high tensile fiberweave plastic tubs they were selling. Think they'd make good enclosures?
=)

Suppose anything could make a good enclosure if it closes tight and can allow for air circulation.

Very cool- are you in the SE U.S.?
NE. CT.

Found out it's a female. Came home to her building an eggsac. Not looking to breed I brought her out side and almost as soon as I opened the container she bolted halfway up my arm then fell off my arm (cuz I jumped lol) and hit the ground running... never to be seen again. lol. Those things are fast! Glad I got good pics and some practice identifying. That was all I wanted anyway. :)

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
=)

Suppose anything could make a good enclosure if it closes tight and can allow for air circulation.

NE. CT.

Found out it's a female. Came home to her building an eggsac. Not looking to breed I brought her out side and almost as soon as I opened the container she bolted halfway up my arm then fell off my arm (cuz I jumped lol) and hit the ground running... never to be seen again. lol. Those things are fast! Glad I got good pics and some practice identifying. That was all I wanted anyway. :)
lol;P Zippidee doo da zippidee a my oh my she just ran away