Arachnobaron
Old Timer
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

at first i did not know what these where till i see one make it.... i found over 20 of these all around the outside of my house with over a dozen of the Argiopes guess i will see many more next year
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Amenagerie

Arachnopeon
:clap: Thanks for posting this. I had an argriope disappear almost a month ago but those were all around. I thought they might be sacs but wasn't sure 'til now.

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here is two more i took today. one is getting ready to make a sac tomarrow i will go check to see her progress

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

JuggaloSpi

Arachnopeon
i just got 2 of those today

i was wondering if i could keep them in a container for long or if i would have to let them go soon :( any info?

Amenagerie

Arachnopeon
I asked that question last year and was told by someone whom I trust totally with his wildlife knowledge and he said they don't live long in captivity.

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was told the same thing, but i do know that there very sensitive to heat, i was wondering that cause i really only see them out when its kinda chilly...

Amenagerie

Arachnopeon
This person told me the only way to safely "keep" them was to build a frame around their web. This is done with a wooden frame, mesh where glass should be. That way you can watch 'em all summer w/o worrying about a wasp getting them. Other than that, they're pretty much hands off.
This discussion came up because I got tired of my spiders disappearing. Just as they get large enough to start laying, they'd disappear. I assumed birds were grabbing them. He said wasps are usually the culprit. He then asked me if I'd seen the "wasp wave". If you upset them, they will start shaking their web, it's pretty kewl. It's supposed to ward off wasps.