For Sheri

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not your average pet. And no, I don't recommend running out to get one. ;)

Benny.jpg

Benny2.jpg

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks!

Damn, that's awesome. I've been in love with badgers for a very, very long time. Ever since I read this book. Though I live in badger territory, I've not seen one in the wild yet. Hopefully, this summer!

And cute, not geeky. ;)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that you Wicked? I always wondered if it would be possible to have a pet one of those. That's about the coolest pet I've ever seen, hands down. A skunk would be close second but (there's already a thread about those) I'm not in any position to keep either but nice to know if I ever am, I can.

Gary

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If I said, "Not your average pet? Nonsense, I have plenty of child slaves." Would that be too offensive?

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love badgers... My dad grew up in badger country and told me that they can be the meanest critters but he knew of a couple people that had them as pets and said they were great pets...

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Sheri said:
Thanks!

Damn, that's awesome. I've been in love with badgers for a very, very long time. Ever since I read this book. Though I live in badger territory, I've not seen one in the wild yet. Hopefully, this summer!

And cute, not geeky. ;)

Ive seen many many badgers in the wild. I steer CLEAR of them. Two I didnt see until I was too close to them for their comfort and they ATTACKED ME! They make a GOSH awful noise when they're charging so I was able to run! They chase for a little while then stomp and huff at you til you leave. NOT a very pleasant thing.... Maybe, if you got one as a wee baby... and raised it.. Naw, I dont wanna try. Cantankerous things they be!!!

But I do think theyre WAY COOL!

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sheri said:
Thanks!

And cute, not geeky. ;)

Thanks :) Good luck spotting one out in the wild, it is pretty cool.

Is that you Wicked?
Ummmm...that is a really, really old pic.

Soulsick? The badger, the pet was the badger.

Bearskin. Yeah she was great. :)

Cantankerous things they be!!!
hmm I just seem to get along with bad tempered creatures with attitudes. Don't know what it is....:? {D

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sheri,
With all the time that I spend in the field it took me entell last year before I sw my first wild one, infact I saw two in one night. They looked like little flat pancakes running across the road.

Also are you coming in August Patrik, said he was going alone??

-Brandon-

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brandon said:
Sheri,
With all the time that I spend in the field it took me entell last year before I sw my first wild one, infact I saw two in one night. They looked like little flat pancakes running across the road.

Also are you coming in August Patrik, said he was going alone??

-Brandon-
Brandon, we're not sure. We want to come but it depends entirely on Immigration stuff - we should have a better idea in the next few weeks. Damn, I really want to go this august but a choice between that and deportation thus cancelling all future trips... you know. :)

There is a pretty good locale for them our house, about a 20 minute drive. So, hopefully, we'll go check em out soon! They just gave birth, so another 4 weeks should increase our chaces of seeing one.

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Damn, how cute it is. :) I love this thread, it gives me hope.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Thanks!

Damn, that's awesome. I've been in love with badgers for a very, very long time. Ever since I read this book.
If you like badger stories you might want to check out this book, too. It's kind of a Watership Down sort of thing, so if those kind of stories don't float yer boat, it may not be your cuppa tea.

Sergey23

Arachnopeon
Badgers can be deadly. Badgers killed my grandmother in Vietnam. NORTH Vietnam.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How does a badger kill a person? I can see mauling an arm or leg, but not killing?