Flute playing around tarantulas

PTarantula

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am new to this forum and I wanted to say hi, my name is Priscilla. I've read the threads about sound sensitivity, but I wanted to make my own about playing a wind instrument around my rose hair tarantula. Our house has hard wood floors everywhere, so sound travels really well throughout the house. I know for a fact that even with the doors closed that my flute playing can be heard all around the house even if I am on one end of the house and another person is on the complete opposite side. On top of that, I can't shut the door to the room where Bob (my rose hair) because my room happens to be the one room in the house that gets the coldest, especially when the door is shut. Plus, it's on the opposite end of the house from where I would be practicing. So my question is, will playing such a high pitched and loud instrument hurt Bob?

p.s.
I noticed some white dirty looking stuff on Bob's body near her eyes today and I am just wondering if that's bad.

poisoned

Arachnodemon
I have mine in living room and they seem to do fine. Actually, I believe Ts are more sensitive to low frequencies (that's just a guesstimate)

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I'm pretty sure they can feel the rumble of thunder but would perfectly fine if you blew a dog whistle right next to them.

PTarantula

Arachnopeon
Ok, this puts my mind at ease. I guess just to be safe, after a practice session I will go into my room to check on her and make sure she's not freaking out or in a death curl LOL

PsychoSpider

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It'll be fine, I play both electric and acoustic guitar in the room with the t's, and I haven't noticed anything odd with mine. I try not to let it get too loud, but every once in awhile I'll forget and it'll get loud, and they're all good. :wink:

Simon83

Arachnosquire
I'm pretty sure tarantulas don't hear in the sense that humans do, they just pick up the vibrations which results in a change of pressure in the air (something like that I think?). Being at such a high pitch I don't think Bob would even be aware of your flute playing, let alone be stressed by it.

I bought a very sexy ocarina a couple of weeks ago and my little black baby doesn't seem to mind me playing it so far :)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I run my vacuum around my T racks and have never seen one change behavior because of it (if the T is out, for instance, it doesn't run for cover). Don't think they feel noises like that. Now, play some heavy bass and rattle some cages, well....

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I play my flute in the same room as my tarantulas every once in a while and nothing happens. They're "deaf" in the sense that they cannot hear, though they are sensitive to certain vibrations.
About the white stuff, only pictures will bring good speculations and conclusions.

PTarantula

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone for the responses. This has been extremely helpful! I can now play with no holding back.

Introvertebrate- That's hilarious :D

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I play my flute in the same room as my tarantulas every once in a while and nothing happens. They're "deaf" in the sense that they cannot hear, though they are sensitive to certain vibrations.
About the white stuff, only pictures will bring good speculations and conclusions.
Obviously not that deaf as often when I clear my throat and I'm too close to the cage of my adult female H. incei, she starts drumming the crap out of that enclosure...it's pretty funny! ;) Guessing it's just the correct frequency or something...who knows..

panterafreak21

Arachnopeon
flute playing should be no probelm. i play my electric guitar aound my T's and they seem to be fine.... you said there was white things on you G.rosea. how do you house this T. it should be bone dry minus a waterbowl... white things on the eyes sound like mite to me which would suggest high humit although G. rosea is very low humit.