Flat Rock issues?

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I acquired a Tanzanian Flat Rock in a Trade with a couple people (Long story) and it seems quite odd to me that all she does is LOVE to be inverted on top of the Cage lid...seems like she will sit there for hours with out moving, COULD this be a problem, or is it something I shouldnt worry about?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kind of cage is the flat rock in? If its one of those exoterra cube jobs its recomeded that you remove the backing if your keeping scorps in there.
its shouldn't e any reason for concern if the scorpion can remove itself from the lid(claws not stuck) and if it can't injur itself from a fall.

Leiurus87

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my emp does the same thing. I dont understand how it gets up there, since the distance from the bottom to the top is greater than its length....but it still does! As long as it has a soft landing underneath it, it should be fine.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does your flatrock have rocks to hide in? It might be looking for a tight crevise to stay in.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If not, I know I saw this thing at petsmart while getting dog food... they were called "stackable rocks" .... I made note in my head that if I ever aquired a flatty, that I would buy 4 or 5 of those packages because they would make an excellent hide for them.

Edit: here is the link if you need it :) A little expensive but I liked how they were and they seemed on the light side, possibly synthetic and would be beneficial is heaven forbid there was a collapse for any reason. Slate maybe cheaper.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...mNo=0&Ntt=stack&In=All&previousText=stack&N=2

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you are using a heat lamp or something then it might be because it is warmer closer to the lamp.

ectic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine use to do that and I find out that it was because the humidity was to great and ground level. I've change substrate to a dry one and it worked. Before that baby was hanging for days inverted.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If not, I know I saw this thing at petsmart while getting dog food... they were called "stackable rocks" .... I made note in my head that if I ever aquired a flatty, that I would buy 4 or 5 of those packages because they would make an excellent hide for them.

Edit: here is the link if you need it :) A little expensive but I liked how they were and they seemed on the light side, possibly synthetic and would be beneficial is heaven forbid there was a collapse for any reason. Slate maybe cheaper.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...mNo=0&Ntt=stack&In=All&previousText=stack&N=2

It's a good idea, But a couple pieces of Sandstone (pretty available out here) would work too...IF ya have an Auto clave to sterilize it! But I do appreciate the link :)

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No problem, I swear the rocks were 3.99 at the store though.. maybe the website jacks up some prices. How much does the stone cost you, or do you just find it? I love the look of slate, but I assume that's expensive.. Maybe I should find an old house and start tearing their roof apart... ;P ;P :D