First T advice

Divine1nfection

Arachnopeon
I recently got my first t a couple days ago a grammostola pulchra.I put the little one in its new home and left it and not long after it started making a burrow after a couple days I tried to feed it and she/he gave me the cutest threat posture so haven't bothered since. Not sure if it's going in to pre molt what should I do try again in few days? I don't wanna stress it out. Abdomen is really fat but I know this species is known for being chunky lol

Attachments

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
That's a very well-fed sling. I wouldn't feed it again any time soon. Provide water, and it will molt when it's ready.

Zevil

Arachnosquire
The abdomen looks like it's thrice the size of its head/thorax and looking shiny so yes it's likely in premoult.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would continue to offer it food twice a week, IMO that is a good size and not over weight.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I agree with @G. pulchra. Offer food every four or five days. It won’t eat if it’s not hungry, or nearing a molt.

Drea

Arachnosquire
I agree with @G. pulchra. Offer food every four or five days. It won’t eat if it’s not hungry, or nearing a molt.
Exactly what he said.

If the food is alive when offered and the sling doesn’t eat, make sure you take out the food because live prey can injure a molting sling.

Or offer pre killed food to eliminate risk. Take the food out 24ish hours later.

Congratulations on your first. Great choice. :)