First Scorpion Hadrurus arizonensis

SpyderRookie

Arachnopeon
So I just ordered him a few minutes ago. I already have a setup for him and I'm really looking forward to observing and getting to know this species. I have a few T's already so I decided to wander into Scorp territory. I picked this particular scorpion because everywhere I've read says that their very active at all times. I definitely did not want another pet hole like my T. stirmi. If you guys/gals have any advice or tips please pass them along if you don't mind I want to keep this guy in the best environment possible.

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a breeder pair of these guys, and they are not communal, so if you wanted to get more you would have to keep them seperated. The do not need water except for once every two weeks. This should be sprayed right in the corner of the enclosure. Don't let un eaten crickets in the tank for more then 24hr. Do you have any clue what instar they are, because as far as I know it is easy to get them up to their 6i and then I have read that almost everyone will die at that point. I bought mine as adults. I read from the same article that the guy believes that it is somthing to do with not having a cold period (winter in the wild) that doesn't allow them to develope completly then they die? Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of scorps! Post some pics if ya can!

SpyderRookie

Arachnopeon
I have a breeder pair of these guys, and they are not communal, so if you wanted to get more you would have to keep them seperated. The do not need water except for once every two weeks. This should be sprayed right in the corner of the enclosure. Don't let un eaten crickets in the tank for more then 24hr. Do you have any clue what instar they are, because as far as I know it is easy to get them up to their 6i and then I have read that almost everyone will die at that point. I bought mine as adults. I read from the same article that the guy believes that it is somthing to do with not having a cold period (winter in the wild) that doesn't allow them to develope completly then they die? Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of scorps! Post some pics if ya can!
I don't know exactly what instar he is yet he should arrive Friday morning I'll post pics as soon as I get him. Are they as active as people say?

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ya they are mine are always out and walking around, unless they are digging burrows under the slate pieces I have in with them. They are awesome to watch eat because they freak out and chase the crickets, I feed them once or twice a week.