First mystery box! 6 Ts!

Idyllhands

Arachnopeon
I ordered a Mystery box from Tangled in Webs a few weeks ago, and it arrived last night. It had SIX Ts in it! I was expecting one spider with an enclosure, and now every critter keeper and sterilite I own is sporting a new spider. Jumped from one T to seven overnight!

My favourites from this shipment are D pentaloris and P sazimai. I can’t stop staring.

Have you ever ordered or would you ever order a mystery box? If you have, what’s the most surprising thing you ever received in one?

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I ordered a Mystery box from Tangled in Webs a few weeks ago, and it arrived last night. It had SIX Ts in it! I was expecting one spider with an enclosure, and now every critter keeper and sterilite I own is sporting a new spider. Jumped from one T to seven overnight!

My favourites from this shipment are D pentaloris and P sazimai. I can’t stop staring.

Have you ever ordered or would you ever order a mystery box? If you have, what’s the most surprising thing you ever received in one?
What did you get and what did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Idyllhands

Arachnopeon
All in all, I received:

Grammostola pulchripes juvenile
Nhandu chromatus juvenile
Brachypelma albopilosum juvenile
Pterinopelma sazimai sling
Acanthoscuria geniculata sling
Davus pentaloris sling

I paid 200.00 Canadian for the whole lot. You can check out their website for what packages they have tangledinwebs.com

Everyone is a little bit stressed from traveling right now so I don’t want to disturb, but the Nhandu is out!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I ordered one and Ryan was able to find me a 3 year old female A Metallica.
I think avic M6 it’s called now.

I think I’m gonna do an expensive box to get multiple surprise T’s

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yall are really making these mystery boxes sound tempting!

Minty

@londontarantulas
I order my first and only mystery box at the end of last month and it arrived two weeks ago. I paid £10 and received four slings. Brachypelma emilia, Ceratogyrus marshalli, Davus pentaloris, Hysterocrates gigas. Three species I haven't kept before and the other one is a species I really like.

All in all, I received:

Grammostola pulchripes juvenile
Nhandu chromatus juvenile
Brachypelma albopilosum juvenile
Pterinopelma sazimai sling
Acanthoscuria geniculata sling
Davus pentaloris sling

I paid 200.00 Canadian for the whole lot. You can check out their website for what packages they have tangledinwebs.com

Everyone is a little bit stressed from traveling right now so I don’t want to disturb, but the Nhandu is out!
Cool additions. I really like Brachypelma albopilosum and Pterinopelma sazimai.

Yall are really making these mystery boxes sound tempting!
Many stores allow you to makes requests or specifications.

"Orange bobs only please".

Last edited by a moderator:

truemane

Arachnopeon
I ordered my first a month or so ago, to take advantage of Tangled in Webs' 2019 $75 deal. I got a G.pulchra sling and an enclosure for her. I was beyond happy as I've been aiming to get a G.pulchra for a long time (and never quite got around to it!).

I also picked up a P.sazimai at the same expo (just a teeny tiny baby) and she's been one of my favourites ever since!

Barry67

Arachnopeon
I received mine today from thespidershop in the UK, my comment for my mystery box was "Would prefer a good assortment of slings please to build collection i am new in terms of time but competent done lots of research, but happy to have a go at any T would like to keep away from anything that could kill the dog as no quicker way to end a hobby than killing the wifes dog Trust Me :)." so my box tuned up today and this was what i found inside,
Poecilotheria regalis
Brachypelma albiceps
Pelinobius muticus
Nhandu chromatus
Lasiodora parahybana
Heteroscodra maculata
Psalmopoeus irminia
Pamphobeteus sp "Costa"
Hysterocrates sp. "Cameroon"
Ceratogyrus darlingi
Brachypelma albopilosum
Nhandu colloratovilosum
I don't mind saying some of this scares me :p the mystery box was a £60 box all spiders healthy and have been transferred but i need to sort food for them now as well as any tips you might have against any of the above, so far i am not using any heat mats just room temperature but some of these are old world and i am not to sure on them..

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I received mine today from thespidershop in the UK, my comment for my mystery box was "Would prefer a good assortment of slings please to build collection i am new in terms of time but competent done lots of research, but happy to have a go at any T would like to keep away from anything that could kill the dog as no quicker way to end a hobby than killing the wifes dog Trust Me :)." so my box tuned up today and this was what i found inside,
Poecilotheria regalis
Brachypelma albiceps
Pelinobius muticus
Nhandu chromatus
Lasiodora parahybana
Heteroscodra maculata
Psalmopoeus irminia
Pamphobeteus sp "Costa"
Hysterocrates sp. "Cameroon"
Ceratogyrus darlingi
Brachypelma albopilosum
Nhandu colloratovilosum
I don't mind saying some of this scares me :p the mystery box was a £60 box all spiders healthy and have been transferred but i need to sort food for them now as well as any tips you might have against any of the above, so far i am not using any heat mats just room temperature but some of these are old world and i am not to sure on them..
Nice selection, funny you tell them nothing too venomous and they send you a P. Regalis, HAHA.

I doubt they would kill your dog though. I know personally 2 dogs that have been bit by venomous snakes and have survived without anti-venom. One was a copperhead the other was a 3 foot timber rattler, so i think your dogs are safe unless they are something like a chihuahua.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Nice selection, funny you tell them nothing too venomous and they send you a P. Regalis, HAHA.

I doubt they would kill your dog though. I know personally 2 dogs that have been bit by venomous snakes and have survived without anti-venom. One was a copperhead the other was a 3 foot timber rattler, so i think your dogs are safe unless they are something like a chihuahua.
Not all venoms are equal, and not all creatures react to the same venoms the same way. There is a veterinary study from Australia where several dogs of various sizes received envenomations from tarantulas and the mortality rate was 100%, several in as little as 30 minutes to 2 hours.

Caution is very much recommended to minimize interactions between a dog and a tarantula, especially one classified as "old world."