First find in a long time

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, due to circumstances, I havent been able to go hunting in about a year. Yesterday I found this little cutie while walking through the front section of my property. I found the burrow around 6pm, but couldnt tickle the spider out. I could feel it biting the grass blade though, so I decided to come back later. After sunset I went back out, and got the spider out on the first try. It was awesome seeing it climb out of the burrow, I was so excited. When I found the burrow, I really hadnt even been looking for Ts, I was following some fox tracks. Here are the pics, hope yall enjoy them!

These are blurry because in my hurry I put the camera on the wrong setting.

Some better shots:

Size reference for the burrow:

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No, it's not hentzi..It's Aphonopelma armada (more than likely). A. hentzi is a VERY different spider than this one.

Chris

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks Chris! I wasn't sure what it actually was. I have seen the ones called armada south of here, found along moderatum, and these are indistinguishable.

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice find Sky! Those photos just fired me up to plan a hike tomorrow. It might be good for rattlers and kingsnakes this weekend. I'll keep an eye out for T and scorpion burrows too.

Later,
G

TheBugBarn

Arachnopeon
always cool to see one in the wild. I'm going to show that pic to my fat spoiled spiders, and maybe they'll learn the value of a cricket.:)

8by8

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wish I could find a wild T where I live(too swampy). Have to go north of the Atchafalaya River Basin or west of Lake Charles, LA. Nice find and pretty T. He/She would be my wild pet that lives out side but that I feed dubias every so often.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice find Sky! Those photos just fired me up to plan a hike tomorrow. It might be good for rattlers and kingsnakes this weekend. I'll keep an eye out for T and scorpion burrows too.

Later,
G

Gil, you never cease to make me jealous! I can't wait for rattlesnake season, it's driving me crazy waiting for warm weather. I am about to give up and just head south for a few days. Make sure you share pics!