First ever sling arriving on Friday and I'm super nervous

scifigetsmehigh

Arachnopeon
I believe you have enuff space for a small water dish. More experienced keepers will tell you slings need additional moisture as opposed to their older counterparts. It’s better to have access to water than not, even if your T doesn’t drink it I believe it will still benefit from the moisture in the air that the water dish provides. Especially when it’s time to molt. Try using a small Lego block, it should fit in your enclosure... here’s a look at mine
I don't have any Lego or anything like that but I'll look around. Is everything else ok? I put a little bit of wetter substrate at the bottom so the sling can dig if it needs more moisture (seen on Tom Moran's channel).

Euphoric Arboreal

Arachnopeon
I mean, I guess. Whatever’s small enuff for the enclosure, I hear guys on here use all sorts of things. Monopoly houses, golf tee, etc. I’m sure you can get by without one for now, but as a newbie myself I’d feel better with accessible water at least until I perfect the moist substrate thing in reference to a slings needs. But that’s just me!!!

scifigetsmehigh

Arachnopeon
I mean, I guess. Whatever’s small enuff for the enclosure, I hear guys on here use all sorts of things. Monopoly houses, golf tee, etc. I’m sure you can get by without one for now, but as a newbie myself I’d feel better with accessible water at least until I perfect the moist substrate thing in reference to a slings needs. But that’s just me!!!
Thanks for the advice, I found a pack of old single use pipettes in the cupboard and cut the end of the bulb part off. It's about 1cm x 2cm so doesn't hold much water but for now I guess it'll do. I also had to push it into the substrate a bit because of the rounded bottom but I think it works.

Thanks again for the tip.

Attachments

Euphoric Arboreal

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice, I found a pack of old single use pipettes in the cupboard and cut the end of the bulb part off. It's about 1cm x 2cm so doesn't hold much water but for now I guess it'll do. I also had to push it into the substrate a bit because of the rounded bottom but I think it works.

Thanks again for the tip.
That’s perfect. Try and make top of dish even with substrate so it’s easily accessible for a sling

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I’m mad I missed one yesterday, I witnessed her drinking water from the LEGO block. Think I spooked her with the sudden fast movement to grab my camera :banghead:
Oh no!!! That would just be too much cute in one picture. The other Ts will get jealous.

I don't have any Lego or anything like that but I'll look around. Is everything else ok? I put a little bit of wetter substrate at the bottom so the sling can dig if it needs more moisture (seen on Tom Moran's channel).
I agree with the post above. Perfect. Just smash it in more. Mine dont hold much water either. Just have to refill more.often.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifigetsmehigh

Arachnopeon
He finally arrived! :anxious:

Sorry for the potato quality photo but I was shaking because I was so nervous about dropping him or having him run away...

I just want to say thank you to everyone in this thread who helped me out with getting the enclosure perfect and other dumb questions I had.

He's currently chilling out, perfectly camouflaged, behind the bark :D

Attachments

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
He finally arrived! :anxious:

Sorry for the potato quality photo but I was shaking because I was so nervous about dropping him or having him run away...

I just want to say thank you to everyone in this thread who helped me out with getting the enclosure perfect and other dumb questions I had.

He's currently chilling out, perfectly camouflaged, behind the bark :D
Awesome! Enjoy your little bundle of many-legged joy! :D