Finally got the rehouse done

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Just got my 4 E. sp. Yellow slings rehoused today and thought you all might want to see them. They are finally showing their adult colors and growing a bit. They have really changed even though they grow pretty slow and are still kinda small.

When I got them -

New Pics -

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I hope you are able to breed them!
Yeah, that would be great. I think the leggy one with lots of yellow (the last photo) is a male though I've not molt sexed any of them yet. My adult female is doing great as well.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, that would be great. I think the leggy one with lots of yellow (the last photo) is a male though I've not molt sexed any of them yet. My adult female is doing great as well.
The males are distinctly leggy compared to females. As you know I've owned both. Like all Ts at what point this can be discerned is up in the air. For my male, he grew very fast, and was MM in about 1.5 yr I believe, lived a few years after too. It was easy to know his gender based on growth speed, but most importantly I had an AF female to compare :cool:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Just got my 4 E. sp. Yellow slings rehoused today and thought you all might want to see them. They are finally showing their adult colors and growing a bit. They have really changed even though they grow pretty slow and are still kinda small.

When I got them -

New Pics -

Oh, wow, that's great work!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Well I was right. The leggy one is a male and seems to have matured the last molt. Here is a photo of the left overs from his sperm web and if you look close you can see his boxing gloves. I'll have to feed my MF up really good and try to pair them. :D

Cropped up close view of his pedipalps:

Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I finally got around to pairing them and it looked like he got a good insertion but I couldn't tell for sure. After that they both backed and didn't approach each other for an hour. All in all, I feel pretty good about it. They are both safely back home and we'll see if she makes a sack. If not we'll try again.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I finally got around to pairing them and it looked like he got a good insertion but I couldn't tell for sure. After that they both backed and didn't approach each other for an hour. All in all, I feel pretty good about it. They are both safely back home and we'll see if she makes a sack. If not we'll try again.
Fingers crossed for a successful sac! Gosh that MM is so small, way too adorable. I'll assume these guys are incredibly similar to H. chilensis? If so and you get a successful sac, I may be keeping an eye out :p

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I remember wanting some of these after you first posted about them but I gave up looking... hope you get a sac!