Fibre types

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
I didn't know where to put this thread so maybe a moderator can move it if need be please.

Just want to ask what's the difference between coco fibre and Humus? Or are they the same thing .

Sorry if that sounds stupid guys

user 666

Arachnobaron
Hummus is cat vomit passed off as a food paste.

Coco fiber is made from coconut husks.

Humus (one "M") is a scientific term for the dark organic matter in soil.

The short version is that humus is dirt while coco fiber is a plant by-product.

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
Just a purchased a brick today as it works out cheaper from the store than the coco fibre and wonder what's people's opinions

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's a coco fiber product.....

The Lucky Reptile terrarium humus consist of natural coco peat which has been pressed to a tight brick. If placed in water, this terrarium humus will swell up to about 8-10 times its volume. The humus is excellent for burrowing animals and can be used either dry or humid. It is an excellent substrate for tarantulas and tortoises as well as tropical amphibians and reptiles.
The Lucky Reptile terrarium humus is a natural product (100% bio degradable) and free of chemicals, pesticides or fertilizers.

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
It's a coco fiber product.....

The Lucky Reptile terrarium humus consist of natural coco peat which has been pressed to a tight brick. If placed in water, this terrarium humus will swell up to about 8-10 times its volume. The humus is excellent for burrowing animals and can be used either dry or humid. It is an excellent substrate for tarantulas and tortoises as well as tropical amphibians and reptiles.
The Lucky Reptile terrarium humus is a natural product (100% bio degradable) and free of chemicals, pesticides or fertilizers.
Thanks a lot I've already cooked it up, it's pretty cheap think I'll get a stock of it