Female P.metallica enclosure tutorial

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just had to make a new enclosure for our female P.metallica - wanted her to have something nice to call home. She'll get a bigger enclosure eventually with a different type of hide - I'm thinking dual-chambers. She's already eating and seems quite at home...any disturbance near her and she goes right into her hide.

Here's a video of the enclosure being made:

[youtube]tEdyu-jKymQ[/youtube]

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Incredible. I'm going to have to go hunting for pieces of bark and wood sometime soon. :D

Oh, and hot glue. Lots and lots and lots of hot glue....

Elmolax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ooooh fun :D
and with the hides, maybe it works better in your way because there's an added sense of security wth it? I know when im scared i hate having my back towards open spaces :3

Oasis Inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That was awesome...............Thank you Rob for sharing that with all of us.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice tank.Nice setup.Nice T.Nice job.Great video.I wish I had more room in
my sipder rooms.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That video was a pleasure to watch. Thank you for all you two do for this hobby.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ooooh fun :D
and with the hides, maybe it works better in your way because there's an added sense of security wth it? I know when im scared i hate having my back towards open spaces :3
That is a good point! I also think when it is bowl shaped it is easier for them to make a sac.....hide is bowl shaped so is the sac when laid!

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As always, an awesome vid. You've inspired me to give my A. metallica some new digs. To the hot glue gun!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As always, an awesome vid. You've inspired me to give my A. metallica some new digs. To the hot glue gun!
It is endless what can be created...post pics of the enclosure when finished!

Anthony Straus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Rob,

Great vid man. Just wondering if you collect all your wood from the forest yourself? and more specifically is it drift wood from a nearby lake/pond or just some dry stuff you found beside a fallen tree in the bush?

Buying cork bark is crazy expensive when you use a lot of it and I want to cut that expense out. Do you have molding issues with your collected wood? is there any specific sp of tree you look to harvest from?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey Rob,

Great vid man. Just wondering if you collect all your wood from the forest yourself? and more specifically is it drift wood from a nearby lake/pond or just some dry stuff you found beside a fallen tree in the bush?

Buying cork bark is crazy expensive when you use a lot of it and I want to cut that expense out. Do you have molding issues with your collected wood? is there any specific sp of tree you look to harvest from?
I collect it from the woods, no speacial SP...if it looks good i use it LOL I rarely get any mold although I do use Isopods.

Anthony Straus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I collect it from the woods, no speacial SP...if it looks good i use it LOL I rarely get any mold although I do use Isopods.
Man you are lightning quick on the replies..haha, thanks for the info...i'm going collecting tomorrow and will post up what I make in the next week or so.

Elmolax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a good point! I also think when it is bowl shaped it is easier for them to make a sac.....hide is bowl shaped so is the sac when laid!
Good point yourself sir :D
You have made the pefrect pokey nursing home hahaha
Cheers!