Female G pulchripes question

jfuente31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just thought Id ask you guys for some opinion. It has been about a month now since I got her and she is about 6".

The thing is she has not eaten since I got her, I am suspecting she is in pre-molt. I am sure she takes a drink from her water dish regularly, and I also see poop around her enclosure. but she rarely move from the same spot where she usually hangs out (on top of the cork bark.). I wanted to see what you guys think whether she is indeed in pre-molt or is there something else I am not noticing?

If she is indeed in pre-molt, how long can they go in this phase taking into account that she is a big girl (at least this kind of species)?

I included some pictures that you guys can check out.

Her abdomen looks plump

I do not have any idea what that small wierd dark stuff

Thank you guys for the help in advance

cnapple

Arachnoknight
The patchy "dark stuff" is urticating seatae being flicked off. If she is in pre-molt, it is just beginning as her abdomen hasn't even darkened yet. She may just be fasting for no apparent reason as well. They do this sometimes. As long as her abdomen is plump, I wouldn't be too concerned. Keep offering food every week and keep the water dish full.

Dana C

Arachnopeon
I too have a G. Pulchrapes female, about 5.5" that just finished molting earlier this week. She stopped feeding almost a month ago.
Her abdomine darkened and she develope small bumps or black blister looking formations just up from her spinerets.
It sounds like your girl is going through a pre-molt.
Mine has not started feeding yet and I won't try until next Tuesday which will be a whole week since her molt was completed.