feeding the Acanthoscurria geniculata spiderling

sahand

Arachnopeon
I recently bought a Acanthoscurria Geniculata( giant white knee) 2.5 inches spidering. I am not sure how much to feed her. She eats whatever i put in her cage, even if she just had a meal, this includes even biting the tong right after she's been fed! So i was wondering if overfeeding is possible with this species? and how much
should i feed her per week? she can eat up to 10 crickets per week if i let her...., but i know that she shouldn't have more than 2 crickets per week. I personally prefer she grows faster, but i don't want to compromise her health. brazilian giant white knee.jpg

btw these are small crickets like 1/2" long.

I would appreciate any advice on this matter:)

Tyler

Arachnopeon
they actually can eat like 6-12 crickets a week :p overfeeding isnt really possible they'll just refuse food. The only way i could see overfeeding as a problem is if it got heavy and fell.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
In the wild, young T's are very vulnerable and are in a race to get up to size so that they can reproduce and defend themselves better. That's what it's all about. Look at how few slings in a sac make it to maturity. All they eat goes into growth, as is not kept as stored fat for long. Since it's normal behavior, I feed my slings and juveniles often. I think there's some stress involved with underfed slings; their instinct is constantly telling them: 'Find food!' Now, there may be valid reasons for not feeding certain individuals as much, such as ensuring that a male doesn't mature before a female. As they're adult/subadult, I slow the frequency of feeding down. Then they don't need to be waddling around all the time with bloated abdomens.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
try giving her bigger size meals, like superworms. i bets its annying to her that she need to catch all those cricks :D
well overfeeding exists and can be done, it have no impact on health whatsoever(unless it fall down and rupture abdomen), just stuff her with food every few days until she stops eating and wait for moult

sahand

Arachnopeon
Thank you guys so much, really really appreciated your responses:d very helpful.