Feeding schedule interruption.

JenSkin

Arachnopeon
Just looking for a little advice. Ive got a collection of about 20 Ts, 5 adult. 6 juvie and the rest slings.

I am leaving town for the weekend for 3 days and ive never left them, i just fed them 3 days ago, is it best to try and feed again before i leave? Or wait till i return. Obvi i will water them before i go. Just not sure about whats best for food.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
If they're well fed, then there's nothing to worry about. Some slings I feed only once a week and they're doing very well and are thriving fine. So I wouldn't worry being gone 3 days.

JenSkin

Arachnopeon
should I offer the larger ones food early? to clarify I usually feed the larger ones once a week and the babies every few days.

Mpmackenna

ArachnoNerd
Going three days without food is nothing to a T, even for a sling. As far as the adults and the juveniles, I am sure you could leave for at least a month and they wouldn't care at all. Assuming they have water, ventilation, and appropriate temps.

SpaceM

Arachnosquire
Nothing to worry about at all, even slings can happily go a month without eating. In the wild some species can even go over a year without eating.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
One thing some people have to adjust to with keeping Ts is that they don't require daily care. When things get busy around the ranch, sometimes my Ts don't get checked for a few weeks. Three days is nothing to them.

even slings can happily go a month without eating. In the wild some species can even go over a year without eating.
Recently, one of my 1/2" slings finally molted and then ate... breaking her 7 month fast.

I have a sub adult T who took a roach for the first time in... oh, two or three years. The darn thing is so fat!

Last edited: