Feeding Pinktoes

shannonrae79

Arachnopeon
Okay, question(s)... My new Pinky's have, of course, already made their little web "hammocks" in the upper corners of their terrarium.... So, first, should I adjust their beechwood fixtures to encourage web-making away from their sliding-screen? I know that seems kind of obvious, but I want to maintain as much height as possible. I just hate to destroy their creations every time I open to mist, feed, or fill the water bowl.

Second, I'm used to dropping some chow for my Roseas, but how do I feed my Pink's if they mostly hang out at the top of their habitat? Crickets on the floor? Dropped on the vines?

Thanks for your help!

Shannon :)

BassAssassin

Arachnopeon
As far as the webbing goes it kinda depends. If opening only messes up a little of the web it's ok the T will build it back. If this bothers you and your decor is easy to rearrange to prevent this this then try that. I have found with my Avic, after destroying the web a few times trying to open the container, it just relocated to a different area. And for feeding I find it works best to put whatever your feeding in the web or close to the tunnel if possible. I'm no expert but hope this helps.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I wouldn't worry about breaking there webbing much if it bothers them they'll move. If you can get the prey item into there webbing thats ideal but if there hungry enough they come out. Unless I can get the prey right into the web I always head crush the prey for my adult avics and place it as close to the opening as possible, those legs will kick for a long time and I always find the prey being eaten in a few hours.

Thats for my adults all my avic slings I just put the food on the bottom, the only time it doesn't get eaten is when the spider is in premolt.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
set-up

Whatever I use as climbing material cork board, cork bark, I leave plenty of space if possible to the top so when they web against it it does not get in the way of the opening. With that said it does happen and all you can do is open slow at an angle and try and leave most of the webbing in tack. I just toss food in and they never have a problem finding it.
James