Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I also feed them a little bit of fruit.
dog/ cat food is a safe feeder right???

ive had my colony for about a little over a month now

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feed mine dogfood and fruit. I've had them on the same diet for 5 years without any issues. Oranges and bananas are favorites of my colony and give good hydration (especially the oranges).

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
They love crushed cheerios, carrots, apple, romaine lettuce, dried whole grain breads, etc. I fed some combination of those every couple of days, plus a couple of handfuls of ground-up dog kibble about once a week, and at 85ºF, my colony was growing far more quickly than I could feed it off.

0siris

Arachnosquire
mine make do on a meddley of purina cat food mixed with regular unflavored oatmeal as a staple. They get a variety of supplemental foods such as leftover carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, celery, apples, bananas, kiwis, grapes, and oranges once or twice a week.

I guess you could say I spoil them, but it's really the T's I'm looking after :)

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
They eat fish flakes like it's crack.
They certainly do....a bit spendy as a regular diet item, but a great way to supplement protein.

Some sugars seem important (likely for chitin production as well as reproduction), so fruit once or twice a week. I like apples, as they tend not bring in fruit flies....carrots also have some sugars in them, so those are a great choice, too.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the above items are all good suggestions--what not to feed roaches: dairy products

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
the above items are all good suggestions--what not to feed roaches: dairy products
Any reason other than the obvious rot/stink/filth that would occur if the roaches don't eat everything? Does it make them gassy, lol?