Favorite thing(s) your T does

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In my 9 months involved within this amazing hobby, I'd have to say that each of my Ts make me smile everyday. Whether it be pulling in their legs under their fangs to groom, laying out immense webs, dipping their chelicerae into their water dish for a drink, or bulldozing through their substrate, they never seem to dissapoint me. Overall, my all time favorite has to be chasing air holes. If I'm ever up close enough to one of my enclosures, the air flow from my breath'll move through the ventilation holes and I'm greeted eagerly by a hungry arachnid, patting at the wall. The first time I saw this,(of course it had be my OBT) I had to record and save it for my arachnophobia-cure collection.
These are the kinds of things that drag me in deeper into the hobby.

If any of you in the community have any of your own stories/experiences that you'd like to share, please do so!

Leora22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love watching them lay webb it's astonishing to me :) oooh and i also love watching my G.pulchra run around with his/her bum up in the air when its feeding time :)

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
Get pissed off at a cricket jumping on him and racing around cage like a mad man to then go hide in its web/tunnel

advan

oOOo
Staff member
One of my favorites things to observe is a Psalmopoeus irminia flicking a bolus.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
I caught my 2i B albopilosum grooming itself and that was pretty cool. The happy dance seems to get more and more intense every time I feed my G. rosea. The sight of my little vagans twins holding a cricket leg like a dog would a bone is cute. So I guess everything they do...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i like watching my avics and pokies nail crickets while they are falling in the air from my cricket tube...also had to smile when my 4 1/2" OBT almost tagged me earlier during feeding..that wouldnt of been too fun..

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
I love watching my one and only N Chromatus sink its fangs into its prey as well as it grooming itself. It just molted today :).

cnapple

Arachnoknight
A tarantula grooming itself is definitely up for the cutest thing I've ever seen award. I'd would show a video of that to anyone I wanted to cure of arachnophobia. Other than that, almost everything my B. auratum does cracks me up. He never throws up a threat posture, but every time I pour water into his bowl or stick in a pair of tongs, he's all over it. Once, I was filling the water bowl (a jar cap) and he ran up, attacked the stream and then ran off with the cap in his fangs. {D

Austin

Arachnosquire
Once, I was filling the water bowl (a jar cap) and he ran up, attacked the stream and then ran off with the cap in his fangs. {D
Jesus haha, my T stirmi attacks the water that I poor into the dish but has never ran off with it, hahaha. I'd gotta say that my A.Avic's pooping habits are quiet amazing. I would never in a million years known how much tarantulas crap, thanks to my A.Avic I can see how much tarantulas poop just by trying to look into his/her enclosure. Wow!! I just thought of a sweet name for him if it turns out to be a him, Picasso. I'm still hopin for female though :)

dorvaan

Arachnopeon
Today, my GBB sling took on a roach almost a big as himself. He jumped on it's back, sunk it's fangs in, and piggy backed until it was dead. I had no choice but to get some video of that. :) By far the coolest thing I've seen in my short time in the hobby.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love the bluff and false bravado my vagans Diablo is always throwing at me - he's the ONLY one of my 9 Ts that puts up a threat posture ...

I love the way my Ts find a comfortable spot on my hand and then settle in like purring kittykats. Sometimes it's hard to get them to go back into their enclosures.

I laugh out loud at the way they wait until I'm not looking, then move their furniture - I have yet to actually BE there to see this happen ...

Still waters run deep!

Last edited:

Gleek

Arachnopeon
id have to say when she pulls her leg under to groom under her carapace. But (all tho it scares the crap out of me) I love it when shes in defense possion just something about those legs in the air just gets my blod flowing. shes generally a very sweet avic avic but every once in a while shell just be like "yea get out of mah face"

sebeed

Arachnopeon
I get giddy when i catch one of my T's having a drink, especially when they are more or less sitting in their water dish, i think its adorable lol

takelondon

Arachnosquire
We have a (1.5" DLS) P. irminia sling who is very curious and enjoys putting her legs through the ventilation holes on her enclosure, one or two at a time. If one of us gives her a high-five, she'll pull her leg swiftly inside (seeming surprised) yet will not run away. She'll shortly start up again.

She has become one of our favorite Ts due to this quirky yet cute behavior.

-Kendra

nitroxavo

Arachnopeon
I love watching them lay webb it's astonishing to me :) oooh and i also love watching my G.pulchra run around with his/her bum up in the air when its feeding time :)
Watching the spinnerets go in motion witnessing the technique is really amongst the coolest!

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fav thing.

Has to be feeding time ! ! !
I have to agree though . . P. Irminia are strange, They clean house, take out their laundry and earn their food !

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have to say feeding my t's takes the cake. For me there is hardly anything more enjoyable than watching a life showing of discovery channel in my room. Watching my specimens hunt their prey firsthand is really something special. Grooming is also a fascinating behavior and for those of you who watch my videos I will be putting up a nightcam video of my A. gen grooming soon! I also really enjoy watching my female geniculata do her little dance every time she captures her prey :p.

deathkorps

Arachnosquire
one of the funnier things i've seen lately is the female G. rosea i rescued casually walked up to her water dish and just took a dunk and stayed in there for about 5-10 minutes just drinking away! then the other one would be yesterday my male G. rosea decided to have an identity crisis and stretch out on his hide like a pokie for the whole day, the lazy git. he also occasionally will flip his water bowl after i fill it like he expected better water in it than what he got.

Sweepstakes

Arachnopeon
Oddly enough I enjoy watching my L. parahybana refuse crickets... Occasionally, one will run at him into its certain death and instead of jumping on it he will step to the side and slap it away with his leg. I guess that's his way of telling me to take the cricket out he's NOT hungry haha. That, or occasionally he does something like this: IMAG0017.jpg

Just hanging out in his cork bark hide upside down.