Favorite Tarantulas?

cold blood

Staff member
Hahaha, like I need to go any faster. I've already had to woman- I mean, worm my way out of two speeding tickets. I won't get out of a third unless like five years pass without getting pulled over at all.

My mom's got sciatica, so I'm familiar with that. I'll tell her to try your fishing method. I think your best option is to keep a fish in a bucket and re-catch it when it yells at you.
Haha, that's not bad....there was a time when I got a letter from motor vehicles explaining that I was 1 ticket away from being labaled a "habitual offender"....which would have been a 5 year revocation. You get that label by getting 20 tickets in a 5 year period....I still drive a little fast, but I actually look at speed limit signs now. I literally drove over 100 every day for many, many years and the acura I currently have is literally the only car I have ever had that I didn't top out or at least get really close....hehe. My maxima hit 147, which was 2 miles off top end....smooth as butter. To say I made good time travelling would be an understatement. I think its been 6 years since I have been pulled over and some good time prior to that....so I have my problem with motor vehicles fixed, I believe. Back in the day it was costing me over $250 a month to insure an accord...ridiculous! And I never filed a single claim.

No worries, I tend to catch a :poop: load of fish most of the time. :wink: Tournaments pay for t's:laugh:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Haha, that's not bad....there was a time when I got a letter from motor vehicles explaining that I was 1 ticket away from being labaled a "habitual offender"....which would have been a 5 year revocation. You get that label by getting 20 tickets in a 5 year period....I still drive a little fast, but I actually look at speed limit signs now. I literally drove over 100 every day for many, many years and the acura I currently have is literally the only car I have ever had that I didn't top out or at least get really close....hehe. My maxima hit 147, which was 2 miles off top end....smooth as butter. To say I made good time travelling would be an understatement. I think its been 6 years since I have been pulled over and some good time prior to that....so I have my problem with motor vehicles fixed, I believe. Back in the day it was costing me over $250 a month to insure an accord...ridiculous! And I never filed a single claim.

No worries, I tend to catch a :poop: load of fish most of the time. :wink: Tournaments pay for t's:laugh:

Mmmm, there is nothing like doing 140 in a rental mustang, passing 12 cars and managing to just pass the 13th before the passing zone ends....and not being caught by the police. That adrenaline rush...hoo boy can it be addictive. The way a V8 engine turns from a purr into a roar though.

Working at a rental car company was the best and worst job. I liked driving all sorts of cars, but being told to "move your expletive, don't be late!" every day... Well it turned me into a speed freak. I've calmed down a lot since I quit, and since I got my new car. My personal car used to be a 2000 jeep grand cherokee V8. I'd get 12 miles to the gallon, and I rode it like the world was going to end if I didn't get to the grocery store in 14.2 seconds.

rockpython

Arachnopeon
I have many favorites... But my number one favorite is L. Parahybana because, for me, it's what I think of when I think "tarantula"... Big, black, and hairy.

My P. Cambridgei ranked high up there too...

Everyone thinks avics are "lame" but just because they aren't big and mean doesn't mean they aren't fun.

Overall however, arboreals are favored for me.

dylanaxolotl

Arachnosquire
What's your favorite tarantula(s)? Mine would have to be the Socotra island blue baboon, the gooty sapphire and the cobalt blue. Hoping to get a gooty, to complete the collection. What tarantulas do you love?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There is no Goddess but (0.1) Pelinobius muticus and Pterinochilus murinus is her prophet.
All praise is due to Goddess (0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH = Peace Be Upon Her) alone.
Goddess (0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH) OH-BITES-ALLARGHDULLILAAARGH!

:bookworm: <--- From the Holy 0.1 Goddess Book of the Hissing Revelation

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really like the pzb, theyre so chill and have the most beautiful subtle colorations for a terrestrial, they burrow some but are more visible than my albos or vagans

Psyrocke

Arachnopeon
I really like the Tapinauchenius genus as a whole. As for my favorite within the genus, I'd say Colombia or subcaeruleus though that might change with a recent order haha.

cold blood

Staff member
My favorite is the one that's most hungry.

From the docile side, T. cyaneolum. Great feeding response, incredible when you consider just how incredibly docile they can be. This spider deserves more praise than it gets and if it were more common might be considered the best beginner species on the planet....plus they're a gorgeous deep blue with a great golden mirror patch and red hairs...so cool....and mine never hunted, she just caught the prey before it hit the floor, every time.

Terrestrial-Pamphobetus species, nigricolor is the one I have experience with...WOW, great spider, great genus, everyone should own one at some point. Legendary feeding response.

Arboreal-lots to choose from, but I'm taking the cheap, abundant, yet still underrated (but only by those that have never kept them) P. cambridgei, with a feeding response and growth rate that rivals or maybe even exceeds that of the mighty Pamph, feeding time is rarely a disappointment. Fast and beautiful.

Fossirial-Again I'm going to look to another cheap, abundant t, one often overlooked because of price and abundance and again, frequently underrated by those that don't keep them...C. marshalli (and darlingi for that matter). Really cool looking, with pronounced horns, great webbers, burrowers and fantastic eaters, which has them out hunting regularly, making them a very visible fossorial species.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I don't have a favorite. I love all of them. Every T has its own attraktive things and things that might not wanna keep it/make it less attraktive. But if I had to go with one for the rest of my life it would be GBB.

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
H.gigas! Surprise molts and slingshotting out the hole she made! Gets me everytime i open her container.

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
p.metallica and p.irminia both are stunning and have a great feeding response in my experience.

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
Yea they are great and awesome eaters. I bought both of mine at a half inch and didnt see them until 2+ inches lol. It surprised me the first time they bounced out the hole to grab the crix lol

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
My "crown jewel" is my MF B. emilia, although honestly, she's by far my most boring spider. She's eaten three twice since I got her a year and a half ago, and she's the definition of a pet rock. The most I get out of her is "Oh, look, she's in a different spot today."

Probably my most exciting T is my subadult female P. striata - always on display, always hungry.

The T I like to show off to those not in the hobby? My MF T. stirmi... for obvious reasons.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My Tappi!
T.violaceus. She's gorgeous, fun to watch chasing crickets,webs beautiful curtains, and has a little sass.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
All hail Psalmopoeus irminia! 'nuff said, now bugger off! :D
A P. irminia was my second T, and I just recently shipped him off after maturity to a breeder. I gotta say, by far my most boring T. But people seem to rave about that species, it's not just you... maybe I had a dud.