Fav. Emp Food

micjoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have several emps in a 20 gallon tank set up, and just wondering what other scorpion addicts have exp. as their fav food. I recently acquired a cateplier, and put it in the tank, one of my emps went nuts, and charged at it, clawed, it up, and gobbled it up like no tomorrow, this one loves these cateapliers.

What have others found best emp. food, or best treat.?

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hello

hey i keep 9 emps in a 50 gallon high terrarium that is always changing, anyway since i live on the east coast where we literally breath pesticides all day everyday it is hard for me to get feeders from outside. i mainly use superworms,criks,locust, and the occasional pinky. that is what i feed them and they like it

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
crickets
nothing else till i find some big fat termites to create a colony

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Feeding them caterpillars is a BAD idea, some of them feed on plants such as milkweed and are thus quite toxic. I stick with crickets and the occasional pesticide-free spider as a treat.

micjoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What about pink mouse, where can i get one, want to feed one to my A.A., soon, not sure about my emps??? i live in new england, USA.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just go to your local pet shop and ask for a pinky mouse. (they're baby mice if you didn't know)

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i prefer crickets due to their ease of feeding. i remove the legs so there is less wasted body parts to remove from the tank. my mealworms end up as half eaten yellow tubes laying around. messy little pigs.

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
micjoe said:
What about pink mouse, where can i get one, want to feed one to my A.A., soon, not sure about my emps??? i live in new england, USA.

i always have to wonder and ask

Why??

micjoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just for the mere purpose of its reaction to it, and to watch it digest it, scorpions are very fasinating, i spend more time watching it, then spying on my topless neighbor, LOL

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
haha, i like the lack of sarcasm in that phrase :D :D

feeding a mouse is a bit extreme, i hope you feel guilty after you do it :p
at least crickets dont cry out in pain while their eyes are being cut out, or when their blood is replaced by venom :eek:

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ScorpZion said:
hey i keep 9 emps in a 50 gallon high terrarium that is always changing, anyway since i live on the east coast where we literally breath pesticides all day everyday it is hard for me to get feeders from outside. i mainly use superworms,criks,locust, and the occasional pinky. that is what i feed them and they like it
Id love to feed my scorps a locust or two every now and then but i was under the impression that you couldn't get ahold of them here in the US.

Mine love crickets of cource but they also like to eat small lizards, just not while im watching :p

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
micjoe said:
Just for the mere purpose of its reaction to it, and to watch it digest it, scorpions are very fasinating, i spend more time watching it, then spying on my topless neighbor, LOL

once again the group will be requiring pictures to determine if this is an appropriate hypothesis.