fang stays hard huh?

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
don't know why i'm posting this but....
did all of you know that a t's fangs on a moulted exoskeleton stay hard?? that's messed up man! tonight my a seemani moulted and i took the skin out and noticed for the first time that their fangs are still there and hard too! i sat there for 20 minutes poking myself with one of the fangs that i ripped out..

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Yeah, but then everything about the exuvia atays pretty much the same save for the elastic type skin from the rump. I even save some of them...

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yea - they stay hard....after collecting to many spider to keep keeping all of the molts, I started taking the fangs off of them and collecting those. Unfortunately, they get kinda brittle and will break without too much pressure on them.....:rolleyes:

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aren't there a few peeps on the boards who've made a neck chain with fangs threaded through. Or did I just dream it?:(

KingBollock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I put a staple through a piece of card and bend the prongs up to mount the fangs on. You can put several on a card and deplay them that way.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Originally posted by BBlack
Aren't there a few peeps on the boards who've made a neck chain with fangs threaded through. Or did I just dream it?:(

We've discussed it, but I don't think anyone has yet came up with a way to do it other than using some of that clear resin to embed them in.

Betty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Molts are great for getting macro fang pics.

I did a silly thing - I've had my A. avic molt pinned to the wall on the stairwell, and when I walked by it the other day, I flipped all two feet of may hair into it. There were leg bits on the stairs. I had fun picking assorted avic parts out of my hair for awhile. =D

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by krtrman
20 minutes poking yourself with fangs...huh.
yep! i was trying to see what it'd feel like to get tagged plus i kept looking at it under a magnifying glass! i was pretty amazed... i still have the fangs

krtrman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i can think of another way to find out what it feels like to be tagged...

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i am the one making the bracelet

im not gonna wear it because if i hit something they will all stab into me.

but i am making it and its working.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by da_illest
yep! i was trying to see what it'd feel like to get tagged
Force the fang into your thumb all the way down to your bone or into the fleshy area at the base of your thumb. Then force some battery acid or salt into the bleeding wound.

Jon

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by da_illest
ladies and gentlemen! we have a comedian in the house.. hehe
Well, it was humor mixed with sarcasm... the proposition that you can figure out what it's like to be tagged by pushing a dead fang into your skin while you're fully aware of what's happening and can control the procedure, not to mention that it's a guaranteed dry puncture, is a litte silly. ;)

Kind of like "I wanted to know what it would be like to be shot, so I had a buddy throw a bullet at me as hard as he could" ... similar physics possibly, but nothing close to the reality of the occurence. :D