Fair price for tarantulas?

dunsparce

Arachnopeon
So I've hit a very sad point in my life. I'm about to graduate college and I need to clean out my tarantula collection. Hopefully once I figure out where I'm going to be after college I can get back into the hobby, but for now I need to sell my tarantulas. I have a few left and am wondering if anybody can give me some indication of how much I should sell for.

Here's what I have left:
-6-7 inch male P. regalis
-5-6 inch unsexed P. cancerides
-2-3 inch unsexed OBT
-3-4 inch unsexed A. geniculata

For the unsexed ones, if you can tell me how much I could get sexed versus unsexed, that would be great.

Thank you all for the help! I'll definitely be sticking around these forums to stay informed on the hobby even when I can't keep any T's myself

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
What you 'could get' and what you 'will get' are two different things, also depends on how much of a hurry you're in. Some of the ads here go weeks or months before the spiders get sold. How do you define 'fair'; from your perspective or potential buyers?

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
Are you trying to make money off this or are you simply looking for good homes? How long do you have to sell them? Id likely be interested P cancerides, but as would be the case with everyone else who will be interested I have a price point, and your personal goals for what you get out of it and your level of attachment will affect how many of those potential buyers are likely buyers. Obviously this thread is not the place for negotiations, so you'll have to feel it out once you've figured out your goals for selling them.

dunsparce

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'm really just looking for a good home for the Ts. I'm not looking to get back the money I put into them or anything like that. I'm more looking to sell them at a reasonable price and so I'm curious as to what a reasonable price would be. If I don't get the best price possible, it's really not a huge deal. Mostly I want to get these guys to people who know what they're doing and will take care of them

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Ok your really being nice about looking for a good home over "price per T", (have to admit me to) rather have them a good home over money (any day), best to look over the classifieds on here and see what others are selling them for, that way you get decent price for them, i done the same (sold my entire 230+ T collection) mostly slings, to pay my moving home over a year ago, wasn't nice to see them go but got back into the hobby ASAP.

dunsparce

Arachnopeon
@MarkmD

Trust me, I won't be away from the hobby for long :)

It was already heartbreaking to give my friend my GBB, cobalt, and P. platyomma. I'm hoping to get back into the hobby as soon as I can. On the plus side, it's kind of exciting to think about starting fresh and what T's I would start with next time around.

Thanks for all the help folks

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
@MarkmD

Trust me, I won't be away from the hobby for long :)

It was already heartbreaking to give my friend my GBB, cobalt, and P. platyomma. I'm hoping to get back into the hobby as soon as I can. On the plus side, it's kind of exciting to think about starting fresh and what T's I would start with next time around.

Thanks for all the help folks
I believe you on feeling sad to give them up, when I sold my collection in 2011 when moving home, then just a couple months later found a brilliant LPS with a good collection of OW/NW and true spiders, then signed on to this site with many people who own T's/etc, trust me when you start a new collection you'll be fine.