Facepalm

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been watching through America's Got Talent and saw this guy as his talent put 5 G.roseas on his face -_-

Facepalm. Thought I'd share

tweakz

Arachnosquire
Yeah he's an entomologist who makes a bunch of videos on yt about spiders. His intentions are genuinely too show how harmless spiders are but he just ends up endangering a bunch of helpless T's.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
stupidity is often mistaken as "talent" these days. ESPECIALLY on youtube....

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah ae, and he not only put those Ts in danger he also implied they were dangerous

Although in retrospect it may actually help the hobby in the US, however if one of them had bitten him it would have harmed the hobby

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
What he did was dangerous, irresponsible, and just plain stupid. Despite having venom of low toxicity, a puncture wound to the face from an animal that has fangs swimming in staph can be deadly.

An infection of the frontal and maxillary sinuses can go straight to the brain.. I learned that lesson the hard way when a bad tooth caused a fistula between my maxillary and dental sinuses, nearly killing me, and permanently disfiguring my face. This man should never be allowed around tarantulas.

edit: Not to mention it permanently damaged my brain.. Now i have trouble concentrating, and I'm no longer myself :(

Hopefully he realizes his stunts are going to end badly before he takes a fang to the face.. Well.. Im kinda hoping it does happen, so he wont breed any further.. However, the dumber people tend to breed more, so it already happened by now, I'm sure.. :|

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
I've been watching through America's Got Talent and saw this guy as his talent put 5 G.roseas on his face -_-

Facepalm. Thought I'd share
id love for this guy to try that with a OBT or any kind of pokie and get bit!! now that would be something i wouldn't mind watch, just so long as its not on live television!

friendttyy

Arachnolord
id love for this guy to try that with a OBT or any kind of pokie and get bit!! now that would be something i wouldn't mind watch, just so long as its not on live television!
HAHA maybe P.Ornata or Cobalt Blue. Imagine runs somewhere he doesnt ever want it and bit him... LOL

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
HAHA maybe P.Ornata or Cobalt Blue. Imagine runs somewhere he doesnt ever want it and bit him... LOL
hahaha right where the sun don't shine! I think id feel more bad for the T for going down there than the guy! I cant imagine the type of pain that would follow from I bite in that spot

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
After searching the video up online, I found his channel and posted the link to this thread on it, hoping it'd get some knowledge into his, but I got this reply,

"Thanks for calling my attention to this discussion! I rehearsed this act dozens of times and keeping the spiders safe was my #1 priority. At no point were the spiders at risk, nor was I"

Obviously he's one of those people who think spiders can learn and form bonds with people. -facepalm- indeed.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Got links to his videos? G rosea do bite , this guy is going to get bitten in the face. It wouldn't be fun to lose an eye to a huge spider.

Driller64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Id like to see him put my A. chalcodes on his face. Not only would the spider have even more misanthopy than it did before, but the guy would probably have a very angry tarantula latched onto his face for a week* XD

**That last line was an exaggaration. My A. chalcodes is just, how you say, feistier than most of its species.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
OBT is better pick, or a pokie they survive falls better than terrestrials.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
After searching the video up online, I found his channel and posted the link to this thread on it, hoping it'd get some knowledge into his, but I got this reply,

"Thanks for calling my attention to this discussion! I rehearsed this act dozens of times and keeping the spiders safe was my #1 priority. At no point were the spiders at risk, nor was I"

Obviously he's one of those people who think spiders can learn and form bonds with people. -facepalm- indeed.
tell him ill send him 5 OBTs and he has to put all five on his face at the same time and record it, then post the link here. then lets see how not at risk he is.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
He should put my H.vonwirthi on his face. The little (actually 5") bugger freaks out when I turn the lights on at night!

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Every time I see photos of tarantulas on the face I cringe thinking about getting hairs in your eye.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
AWw What a lame scientist
Lame is right. He's an embarrassment to the profession. Science? How do we tell the difference between him and all the others morons doing the same thing in front of a camera? Does he light his own farts too?

What this stupidity does is encourage others to mimic it, who don't know the difference between roseas and OBT's and Poecs.

Last edited:

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
wait you should't put tarantulas on you face? hmmm good to know.... "reaches for P.regalis on forehead*

I hope he comes here and tries to explain, It would be a good laugh!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Lol, I totally looked for a pic of Hal from Malcolm in the middle after that theraphosa bit him on the cheek... LOL